Need MAFTranslator GenII help

JaSSon

wow, it's cool to see that they've continued to update the product line. The WB support option on that is pretty kickass for something of that price point.

Either way, the "street tune" process should be the same. Do they have base maps for different injector sizes that you can start with? From there, just use a logger to tune with or a wideband if you have one (i'm assuming not, otherwise you'd be using that feature).

It's been a while since I did it, but back then the common practice was to tune to 18-20 degrees timing advance while maintaining very low knock (0-3 count). If you're getting more than 20 degrees, you can turn up the boost, less or knock, turn it down. I realize that I'm simplifying it A LOT but that's the basic premise that i used and it worked pretty well.

What setup are you currently using (turbo, intercooler, injectors, motor build) and how much boost do you plan on running?

What setup are you currently using (turbo, intercooler, injectors, motor build) and how much boost do you plan on running?

The car is nothing too special. It's stock turbo, stock smic with upper hard pipes, hacked stock airbox, GM MAF, EBC, Warlboro 255 pump, and a Burschur (sp?) 2.5" DP back exhaust. Car allegedly has an ACT 2600 clutch and a shep stage 2 Tranny rebuild. It's a fresh(er) bottom end on the motor, but I don't have any details about it. I'm not going to go crazy with boost. How much boost is this setup good for? I bought it to use as a fun daily driver. I already have the Stang and the Bike. This car will prob never be faster than either.

GET RID OF IT. You will thank me later :)

Why do you say that? The stock MAS is gone, and I have no idea what damage was done to the factory harness (maybe none, maybe it was hacked in) when the MAFT was installed.

I had a pretty similar setup to you on my FWD talon. I ran the MAFT in a blow-through setup on the SMIC and 14b turbo. The biggest difference that I had was I ran an adjustable fuel pressure regulator that allowed me to run a higher base pressure to run a bit more boost. Although with the 255 pump you may be overrunning the stock return and running more than stock pressure anyway.

I'd say if you'd like to stay on the safe side and just have fun with the car, I'd shoot for something like 15-ish psi. You can certainly go higher, but that's where tuning is going to become much more important to longevity of the car.

If you want, I can see if I can dig my pocketlogger out from under whatever rock it's hiding behind and we can try to meet up and do a few runs to look at how things are doing. Ultimately you'll only be able to accurately tune the car with a logger of some sorts.