Mustang is going bye bye.

Reed44

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if I should slip or dump it. Why do I always see people bounching off the rev-limiter?

They may not be it off of the limiter, rather, if you are watching drag cars they likely have a a 2 step or various ECM programming. This allows them to hold the gas to the floor and it will hold at a specified RPM

IE: 4500/5500 ect.

Back when I had my talon, my best launches were @ about 5500 with a very quick slip. Usually had the slightest squeak, then hell broke loose.

They may not be it off of the limiter, rather, if you are watching drag cars they likely have a a 2 step or various ECM programming. This allows them to hold the gas to the floor and it will hold at a specified RPM

IE: 4500/5500 ect.

Back when I had my talon, my best launches were @ about 5500 with a very quick slip. Usually had the slightest squeak, then hell broke loose.

I asked evolutionm.net and they said hold it to the floor and the rev limiter kicks on at 5k. It want to try the 4k slip method first. I thaught a 2 step was only for nitrous.

Bill-It had to happen. I am coming down saturday.

Just dropping it is too hard on the drivetrain. Just a little slip of the clutch to get the car rolling. Have someone experienced with AWD or EVO's take you out and show you the right way to do it so you don't tear the clutch up. It will take some practice. Just have to learn the car.

I need to refinance. The only thing I had on my credit when I got the car was a credit card for 2 months. Ford Credit must love me.

Check out Telhio, I've been with them a little over 3 years, since I bought my first car a few months after my 18th birthday, they financed me for 5 years @ 6.19% with nothing down. I've since financed two more cars through them, always satisfied.

Congrats on the EVO, i'd love one or a forester XT manual, hehe

I asked evolutionm.net and they said hold it to the floor and the rev limiter kicks on at 5k. It want to try the 4k slip method first. I thaught a 2 step was only for nitrous.

Bill-It had to happen. I am coming down saturday.

I think that is only on the later model cars like the EVO IX. I thought the early cars you could rev it to redline while stopped and clutch dis-engaged. Only one way to find out....

I think that is only on the later model cars like the EVO IX. I thought the early cars you could rev it to redline while stopped and clutch dis-engaged. Only one way to find out....

correct, when i had my evo, with bolt ons my two-step was set at 5k and when i put the 35R kit on making 506 awhp i launched at 6200k...but as everyone else said learn the car before tearing up the drivetrain...