LSx question...

1Quik7

what kind of power can an LS1 make N/A on the 'stock displacement'....prior to boring, stroking, honing, waxing, shaving, lubing or whatever? driveability aside, a car that can barely find it's idle, what kind of numbers can be seen, and ET's?

after NAWS?

after FI?

i know it can prolly make 1000+hp with enough money, i'm talking about realistic parts that come from everyday manufacturers.

just trying to get an idea where the stock displacement starts falling behind...and you need to stroke it or upgrade to a BBC.

please ignore if this post sounds retarded....because i'm 'rotarded' i have no knowledge when it comes to V8 engines. :)

With the right precautions you can throw the kitchen sink into an LS1. Most Ls1's with full bolt ons make about 380 - 500whp. The ones I have seen close to 500 have big cams and no torque. Most people would say you can safely spray a 100 shot on it without worry. I sprayed a 150 shot and had no issues.

With the right precautions you can throw the kitchen sink into an LS1. Most Ls1's with full bolt ons make about 380 - 500whp. The ones I have seen close to 500 have big cams and no torque. Most people would say you can safely spray a 100 shot on it without worry. I sprayed a 150 shot and had no issues.

Since you have a post of your dyno right now, why not elaborate for those interested in what it took to put down those numbers?

Because his isn't a representation of what a maxed stock block can handle.

True story. I sacrificed a lot in power so that it was still somewhat comfortable to drive on the street. I personally wouldnt run more than 700hp through a stock block, but its been done.

what kind of power can an LS1 make N/A on the 'stock displacement'....prior to boring, stroking, honing, waxing, shaving, lubing or whatever? driveability aside, a car that can barely find it's idle, what kind of numbers can be seen, and ET's?

after NAWS?

after FI?

i know it can prolly make 1000+hp with enough money, i'm talking about realistic parts that come from everyday manufacturers.

just trying to get an idea where the stock displacement starts falling behind...and you need to stroke it or upgrade to a BBC.

please ignore if this post sounds retarded....because i'm 'rotarded' i have no knowledge when it comes to V8 engines. :)

440 WHP, or somewhere thereabouts before you lose most of the streetability of the engine. I am not speaking from experience, but have asked the same question to many NA guys. Heads, cam , intake, long tubes, injectors, on a stock shortblock will give you that figure. I would assume that you ca ngo higher with shelf parts, but you may just as well go bigger cubes and get 500WHP at that point. Hopefully Linn will reply, as he has amassed a lot of knowledge in this area. Is this going in the RX7?

440 WHP na, or somewhere thereabouts before you lose most of the streetability of the engine. I am not speaking from experience, but have asked the same question to many NA guys. Heads, cam , intake, long tubes, injectors, on a stock shortblock will give you that figure. I would assume that you ca ngo higher with shelf parts, but you may just as well go bigger cubes and get 500WHP at that point. Hopefully Linn will reply, as he has amassed a lot of knowledge in this area. Is this going in the RX7?

Stock N2O is 200 pushing it, and FI is 550 wheel with a much shortened life expectancy. Of course you can put all the good parts in it and make 850WHP turbo and it would probably live a decent life.

Since you have a post of your dyno right now, why not elaborate for those interested in what it took to put down those numbers?

Here ya go...

SLP Lid, SLP Smooth Bellow, K&N Filter,

SLP High Flow Mass Air Flow (optional)

QTP Long Tube Headers

Fast/Nick Williams 90mm combo

Comp Cams RPM Valve upgrade kit - push rods, springs, retainers

SLP Heavy Duty Oil Pump/Timing Chain Package

Racetronix Fuel System

NGK TR6 Spark Plugs

AFR 205cc Heads

#42 SVO Fuel Injectors

Comp cams custom grind cam shaft... Predator Z over on LS1tech helped me choose the cam.

Stock N2O is 200 pushing it, and FI is 550 wheel with a much shortened life expectancy. Of course you can put all the good parts in it and make 850WHP turbo and it would probably live a decent life.

Thats the funny thing about LS1's. You can find people that have cracked the block with 750whp through FI, but then youll find some guy with huge turbos who has been running 750 for 3 years. I say dont risk it. Stay below the 550.