POS Neon Fuel Pump! Help ME!

darksrt4

Hey guys well i am about 80% sure the fuel pump went out.

There is no Prime sound when i turn the key to start it and ii check plugs and wires they are good. I am stuck down here at FT. Bragg without my normail tools So anyone replaced one before?? Or may it might be something else? i am under the knife i got to fix it today

thanks for any help!! It is a 1998 neon DOHC

one more thing it died on my as i was trying to pull in to my parking lot. i went to give it gas and it just stalled! and never started about it trys too but it just cranks and cranks

First thing to do is pop the hood and push the strader valve in on the fuel rail in the front. Once the little bit of fuel comes out, try and crank over again. Hold the key, trying to start it for at least 10 seconds. Then get up out of the car and go puch in the straider valve again. If a lot of fuel comes out then its NOT the fuel pump.

Pick up the passenger side of the car and test the plug end. once the ignition is on use the multimeter to test for power. If power is there, take a falt head screwdriver, and a hammer and hit the big nut counterclockwise. Then use a 13mm and extension to drop the tank. after the tank is dropped make sure to keep the front (where the nut is) higher so no gas spills on you. remember this is very easy so dont get frustrated. The pump (sold as an assembly) only fits in one way so look for the tab on the top of the tank neck and match it up. then screw it back together, hook up the fuel line, power line and put tank back up in spot. ALSO MAKE SURE TO MARK WHERE THE RING WAS. SOME PEOPLE OVERTIGHTEN AND BRAKE THE PLASTIC RING.