pic of my winter project

wnaplay1647545503

So far I am thinking of painting it black, and redoing the interior in black as well. I have been trying to research doing a junkyard air ride system in it, but I have no idea about air ride suspensions or what it would take. The fuel tank needs replaced but I was thinking of putting a fuel cell in the front trunk. Not sure if this is a good idea or not. I need to rebuild the 2 carbs, and replace all the hoses that are required for the air cooled engine. I have been trying to find a website that tells me how that system even works. It seems to have alot of air ventilation throughout.

Yeah, that old Z-28.

That damn car has been sitting out there since last summer. As in 06 as far as I can remember. They do a lot of buying and restoring. You should have seen the old cars that they have there, and if you made it into the garage, they have a few in there as well.

I'm surprised they get any business being located where they are. If it was not for my friends grandpa working there, I would have never known.

By the way, that looks like a nice little project. I love them old classic looking cars.

Black suede primer and red steelies with whitewalls. Drop the nose about 1.5 to 2 inches, the back just a little. I know everyone wants you to do a motor swap, but keep the flat-six, and maybe see if you can find one of the 4-carb manifolds. That junkyard near the tracks on Williams Rd had one, it was in a Corvan of all things! Dunno if it's still there, but I doubt it.

There are a ton of parts out there if you search hard enough.

Junkyard air ride? It may be tough to find good bags, and if you do pulling them out is another case. Not so sure on how you would need to mount them, but you would need four "bags" and run air lines from each one to an air compressor. Then wire switches to bleed air out or pump them up......"Roots explanation"

I wish i had a winter project. Good luck with that, body looks clean and has a lot of potential.