any welders or fabers

99ta

I am looking into doing a 8.8 rearend swap in my car. anyone out the capable or willing to do this? From my understanding, its doable with a talented welder. haven't done a great deal of research on it, just wanted to see if I had the means to get it done. thanks

eric

Tinman. End of thread.

-Marc

Matt is extremely talented and helpful, but cars are his hobby, not his job. I know he does some work on the side and could definitely do an amazing job, but it might not be safe to assume he's available especially for a big project like that. Last I heard he's still busy putting his car together.

If you want it to be as strong as a built 12 bolt, and have it fabricated to fit the car, then yes, I would assume it would be. It would take some time to fabricate a torque arm mount for the 8.8, not to mention width issues and control arm mounts. Then there is custom caliper brackets and brake lines.

well you have to fab all the brackets then you need a good (31spline or better) locker and axles to go with it ( special for your bolt pattern) plus bearings seals etc....

I've got close to 1200 in mine and I just toughened up the 8.8 in my mustang you could easily have another 800 in parts and labor to figure and fab all the brackets and parts you'd need to run the 8.8 in an f-body

a stock 8.8 mustang rear is pretty wimpy if the car is hooking

fab brackets, aftermarket axles , diff, gears bearing etc etc labor...why spend 2000 working hard , just spendf 2 grand and bolt it in!

i found my 9" housing with brackets & 35 spline axles for 650!