Spray On bedliner ??

Zeppelin

Looking at spraying a rhinoliner or equivalent in the Colorado Extreme. Can anyone direct me to who does a real nice job for a good price, especially on the East side? Also, its the first spray on liner I am doing. What are the pros and cons other than you can't take the liner out. I checked out Ziebart, but they seem to price it pretty high, I think. Not sure though, since that is the only place I have checked out so far.

Thanks

Larry

Guest 614Streets

Cons are for actual loads and moving heavy items in and out a spray in does not slide loads in and out easily like a drop in liner. Fades overtime.

Pro , does help bed life more than conventional liner. Keeps loads in place better than conventional liner.

Recommend over the rails when applied.

I recommend Rhino Liner's of Columbus, they're off 33 1st exit past Winchester rd towards lancaster.

I've had 2 Rhino liner's on my last 2 trucks and i wouldn't have anything else. It is harder to get heavy loads in and out (does not slip) but you can always throw in a sheet of plywood to help slide it. As for the fading my first one did fade alittle, but i was told they have improved that.

I have beat the shit outta the liner even dented the bed by throuwing stuff in it, just took a hammer an pounded it out w/ no problems.

I worked at LineX and if I am not mistaken the company gurantees it, so if it cracks or fades you can take it in for a respray. I believe we charged 400 for a short bed. Nice thing about Line X is it takes about an hour to do and the truck is ready to go there after unlike Rhino Lineing that takes a day (I believe) to dry and set and can be damaged if not allowed the time.

Cons are for actual loads and moving heavy items in and out a spray in does not slide loads in and out easily like a drop in liner. Fades overtime.

Pro , does help bed life more than conventional liner. Keeps loads in place better than conventional liner.

Recommend over the rails when applied.

Agreed. Spray on liner will void your paint warranty. They're more expensive than a drop in, and offer no greater protection. If you want a nice drop in, we sell the factory under rail for $169.95 installed. If you plan on getting a tonno cover and don't use your bed 24/7, the bed rug is amazing. It velcros in, has roughly a 1/4 inch thick foam padding and is made of marine grade carpet. You can take a power washer to it if you haul gravel, mulch, or dead deer in my case :) PM me I will send you the work #

Agreed. Spray on liner will void your paint warranty. They're more expensive than a drop in, and offer no greater protection. If you want a nice drop in, we sell the factory under rail for $169.95 installed. If you plan on getting a tonno cover and don't use your bed 24/7, the bed rug is amazing. It velcros in, has roughly a 1/4 inch thick foam padding and is made of marine grade carpet. You can take a power washer to it if you haul gravel, mulch, or dead deer in my case :) PM me I will send you the work #

I disagree, for tough work the spray on kind can't be beat. We've had it in our 01 Silverado for 5 years now and its stood up AWESOME. Hasn't faded or anything and it sits outside 24/7. There are some cuts/slits in it from sharp things thrown in/hauled, but no chunks missing etc. Much better than some plastic bullshit stuff. We did it over the rails as well, looks awesome, works awesome.

I disagree, for tough work the spray on kind can't be beat. We've had it in our 01 Silverado for 5 years now and its stood up AWESOME. Hasn't faded or anything and it sits outside 24/7. There are some cuts/slits in it from sharp things thrown in/hauled, but no chunks missing etc. Much better than some plastic bullshit stuff. We did it over the rails as well, looks awesome, works awesome.

Dent the liner, dent your bed. They honestly look like crap, most covers don't fit on them, most caps don't fit on them. Not to mention, it costs about 3 times what a drop in costs.

I don't understand how if you have something heavy enough to dent your bed that it won't damage the drop-in liners, but will the spray on ones?

I like how it looks...rugged. :D

Its more costly but at least I don't have to replace it every year or two, pays off in the long run I think.

but opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. no sweat.

I don't understand how if you have something heavy enough to dent your bed that it won't damage the drop-in liners, but will the spray on ones?

I like how it looks...rugged. :D

Its more costly but at least I don't have to replace it every year or two, pays off in the long run I think.

but opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. no sweat.

And I work @ a truck store. The reasons I stated are the reasons we do not install or do spray on liners anymore.

Thanks for all the comments. I probably wont be hauling anything more than some plywood, drywall, 2 x 4s and probably mulch. Nothing really crazy. I DO like the looks of a spray on liner a whole lot better. About $400 is what I was quoted at Ziebart for a rhino liner.

Truckin, is Rhino Liners of Columbus on the street Kingys used to be on before they moved, or past that toward Lancaster? I'm not sure where Winchester Rd is. I can look that up though. I'm in Pickerington, so thats real close for me.

I'm definitely looking to do the over the rails for sure. I had that in the '91 Chevy that Copperhead recently picked up and loved the look. It seemed pretty rugged. I definitely need to think about the paint warranty voiding part too. Thats a BIG con since the truck is new.

I need to search for some pics of the Colorado with a drop in and spray on too, to see what the truck looks like with both.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Dent the liner, dent your bed. They honestly look like crap, most covers don't fit on them, most caps don't fit on them. Not to mention, it costs about 3 times what a drop in costs.

I don't care if you work at a truck store or not that is BAD info. How the hell won't a spray in over the rail liner not fit a cap or cover when it is thinner then a drop in over the rail? I had a truck with the spray in liner and had absolutely NO issues with using a cover.

Scott you also didn't mention that with a drop in there might be condensation trapped under the liner which could then cause rust because we both know that the drop in ones move around and WILL scratch the paint away.

I would recommend a spray on over a drop in. I took the drop in out of my truck with the intention of doing the spray on myself. I have all the material just dont have the time. Ziebart does a great job doing it.

As for voiding your paint warranty. That is false. Thats a sales pitch to get you to buy a drop in since the company doesnt do spray on. Do you think a dealership will warranty the paint underneath a drop in when you pull it out 2 years later? No they wont. Will they warranty the paint underneath the spary on? Well whats the point, its not going anywhere now. But the rest of the vehicle paint is still warrantied.

Closing information. I used to work at a large dealership bodyshop doing combo work before owning my own business now. We did all sort of warranty work on truck with spray on bed liners.

I don't care if you work at a truck store or not that is BAD info. How the hell won't a spray in over the rail liner not fit a cap or cover when it is thinner then a drop in over the rail? I had a truck with the spray in liner and had absolutely NO issues with using a cover.

Scott you also didn't mention that with a drop in there might be condensation trapped under the liner which could then cause rust because we both know that the drop in ones move around and WILL scratch the paint away.

I go off what I've seen. That's what I was quoting, I've seen quite a few do that. But you can call me a liar, I just do it everyday. With the drop in you can remove it yourself. With a spray on, if there is ANY condensation before the application, then you've got trapped water which in turn equals rust. I'm going off what I see daily. 9 times out of 10 the spray on is thicker in the wrong places. It looks like a 3rd grader took a roller brush to it. There are pros and cons to both, I just prefer drop in. And like I said quite a few spray on liners screw up the fitment of covers/caps.