Fs 2001 Ktm 250sx

Mitch

FS 2001 KTM 250SX

KTM 250 2 stroke. I bought it two years ago and have only ridden it around the block on pavement. It sat in our kitchen/dining room for months, then we took it to my parents garage in Zanesville. I put sta-bil in it and put it under a motorcycle cover. I have not had the time or motivation to ride it since I bought it. The carb may need cleaned after sitting that long, I started it several times when I had it in Dublin, but haven't tried to start it since it went home to Zanesville.

Its pretty much stock, I am the third owner. From talking to the second owner, the guy he bought it from didn't ride it much and was over his head in payments on it. The second owner rode trails in PA., but he was in his forties and he had upgraded to a KTM 4 stroke, the 2 stroke was way too big for his kids so he put it up for sale. You can have the accessories I bought for it as far as 2 stroke mix and the like, I don't remember what all I boxed up and took home. Stock Michelins are in good shape.

Looking for $1800 OBO Pics now available on the link.

http://columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42133

Right fork leaked when I got it, I checked the KTM forums and they said it was commonly caused by dirt and grit. They recommended I clean it out by running a business card in between the slider and seal. This got most of it, but I had to disassemble the cartridge to properly refill the oil. I pulled the wheel off and pulled the fork out of the tree, so when I had it apart, I gave it a real cleaning and inspection. This was when we had it sitting in our dining room. It didn't leak anymore after that.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...