Brewery District Brothel Busted (Internet site advertised hooker raffle, police say)

jagr

Raffling off a hooker???:eek: check it out:eek:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/11/29/2pimps.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=101

BREWERY DISTRICT BROTHEL

Internet site advertised hooker raffle, police say

Adviser at OSU accused of starting online forum to rate prostitutes

Saturday, November 29, 2008 9:25 PM

By Kevin Mayhood

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

An academic adviser, a sex-abuse caseworker and a real-estate agent became entwined in a hooker-review Web site that spawned what police called a raffle for sex and the creation of a Brewery District brothel. They weren't the traditional pimps and streetwalkers, Columbus police vice detective Jeffrey A. Ackley said during a hearing yesterday for the defendants in Franklin County Municipal Court.

"These were the exception and not the rule in this business," he said.

Ackley said it began with what appeared to be a kind of consumer's bureau for the illicit-sex trade in Columbus.

Here's how police said it worked:

Christopher S. Johnson, an adviser at the Ohio State University College of Nursing, set up an Internet chat board where customers posted reviews of prostitutes they'd hired through the erotic services section of the Columbus craigslist Web site.

They extolled the virtues of the best ones and alerted one another about those who were rip-off artists or whose services were less than advertised.

Johnson, 33, then set up a raffle for the hundreds of men who had joined his site. They paid $10 for a chance to have sex with a top-rated professional.

The prize was Vanise M. Dunn, 31, who has worked at Franklin County Children Services since 2000, Ackley said. After Dunn was paid her regular fee, Johnson kept the rest of the raffle money.

Dunn was later arrested, on Nov. 12, for soliciting a vice detective at her Hilliard condominium.

Rusty Blades, who has worked with HER Realty for three years according to his attorney, offered a house he owns to hold an invitation-only party for the johns and the favored hookers. Blades, 42, was among 600 members of Johnson's Web site.

The party was set for Oct. 11 at a two-story brick house at 974 S. Front St., just south of Downtown.

Blades acted as the doorman and encouraged guests to select from one of seven prostitutes. Outside, police were waiting. They had learned about the party, and were told one of the prostitutes on the chat board was a juvenile. The girl did not show, so police didn't raid the house then but continued the investigation.

Blades later rented the house to Hania E. Novembre, 21, who had worked the party, Ackley said. Novembre was charged with soliciting and prostitution at the house Nov. 21.

Johnson and Blades were arrested Friday and charged with promoting prostitution, a fourth-degree felony that carries a maximum 18 months in prison.

In court yesterday, defense attorneys argued that their bails should be low because both were married with children. Judge H. William Pollitt Jr. set bail at $50,000 for Blades, of 1678 Rathmell Rd. in Hamilton Township and $25,000 for Johnson, of 5665 Baytree Dr. on the Far West Side.

The two men have been cooperating with police and didn't appear to know that one of the prostitutes on the chat board was a juvenile, Ackley said.

He said police are asking the public's help to identify the person who posted the review of the juvenile. The person goes by the Internet names of "Toby," "God O Thunder," "Sullivant Guy" and "Broad Street Guy," Ackley said.

Ackley would not comment on whether the prostitutes or johns involved in the raffle or party would be identified or charged, only that the investigation was continuing.

Christopher S. Johnson, an adviser at the Ohio State University College of Nursing, set up an Internet chat board where customers posted reviews of prostitutes they'd hired through the erotic services section of the Columbus craigslist Web site.

Umm...how dumb can you be? :confused:

i knew you would be all over this story for some reason!!!!! i can see Aaron on the news now:nono:

i only use http://erosohio.com/. just keep it on the DL. dont let that get out.:D

did you see that he lives in Obetyville?? prolly Bubba's friend:eek:

Thanks for that.its probably my EX.:nono:

hey I know a rusty blades, he owns the body shop there on alum creek!!! I wonder if it's him???

Well it says his address is 1678 Rathmell Rd. in Hamilton. So probably.

i knew you would be all over this story for some reason!!!!! i can see Aaron on the news now:nono:

We should pluck one off of erosohio.com and send him/her:D to Aarons house like an unpaid pizza prank.

he would probably miss work for a day to get married.

That dude is a Captain Save-A-Ho waiting to happen.:D

Backstory for all: Aaron is a guy me and phop work with. if we made a movie of his life, it would be called " The 30 year old virgin".

so our conversations always end up asking him why he puts the "pussy on a pedestal".:lol:

Edited by jagr

cops can spend hours online looking up prostitute reviews to arrest people, but they cant go to the local pawn shops to try to find any valuables that were stolen during home invasions... the person who got robbed had to go do that for them.

another A+ for CPD :rolleyes:

cops can spend hours online looking up prostitute reviews to arrest people, but they cant go to the local pawn shops to try to find any valuables that were stolen during home invasions... the person who got robbed had to go do that for them.

another A+ for CPD :rolleyes:

++++1. I have not had good experiences from cops. What are my tax dollars going for??? hehe.

mark was Dirk Diggler

heres the rest:

mark was Dirk Diggler

heres the rest:

Ya roller girl was a bit crazy!!!