1993 Geo Metro

UNV MI Z

SOLD

SOLD

CAR IS SOLD, PLEASE LOCK

I have had numerous people interested in the car. I have replied to all those who have pm'd. You are more than welcome to come look at the car, I've had a few say they want to come look at the car, but no further arrangements have been made. I'm trying to be as diplomatic as possible with this. However, I can't hold the vehicle. So the first person to come and put the money in my hands will be the new owner. I've done my best to reply to everyone and setup times to look at the car, but again, no dibs, the first person with cash wins.....Thanks.

1993 Geo metro

5 speed

120,xxx miles

Decent car for what it is. I bought this car 2-3 years ago from my buddy's mom who bought the car new. I still have the window sticker. Before I bought it, he said he replaced the clutch and worked on the brakes. I have put on a new alternator, water pump, belt, and changed oil shortly after purchase. Also has a new battery and windshield wipers. Last weekend I tuned up: plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. I think I have only put about 7-8000 miles on it since I bought it. Commute to work was only 8 miles. All city driving resulted in anywhere between 38-44 mpg. On occasional highway trips, I would get between 44-50 mpg. Plus insurance is only about $80 a year.

There really isn't anything on the car that would need replaced immediately. Tires are okay, but are old. These are the same tires from when I bought it, and the car had sat for about 2 years before that. I priced new tires from discount for about $160 for everything about 6 months ago. I also have 2 or 3 extra rims with tires. 1 of those tires is bad I believe. I bought these off a guy about a year ago for $5 and have been sitting in my shed ever since. The hood latch is almost completely rusted, it will still latch,but not fully. Because of this my buddy decided to drill 2 holes in the hood, then attached to pieces of all-thread to body to stick up thru hood. Then there are 2 nuts screwed down. I know this is pretty ghetto, but hey, its a metro. Also I sprayed the front part of the hood a couple years ago becuase it was in bad shape, so that paint doesn't completely match the rest of the car. Not really any rust to speak of, maybe a couple of little spots, nothing serious that I know of though.

Hatch needs new supports, won't stay up. Also, I don't think the back hatch lock works, need to open from the inside. I hadn't driven it in a while, so I tuned it up, charged battery, and have been driving past couple of days. The radio seems to be having issues, it will lose its memory randomly. I haven't taken a look at it.

Interior is okay, the seats are in good shape but are stained a bit as well as the carpet. All handles, cranks work but the windows are tight going up sometimes.

I think I have covered everything. Overall the car is a decent daily driver. Not a show winner by any means, but it has never stranded me. Starts every time, does have a few shakes and road noise is a bit loud on the inside.

Would make a perfect beater for someone, as it has for me. I really don't drive it anymore and I get tired of looking at it every day. Feel free to ask any questions.

Pics:

http://thumb8.webshots.net/t/55/555/0/14/88/2182014880034402248aaUrYu_th.jpg

http://thumb8.webshots.net/t/52/452/5/98/30/2795598300034402248RjLjkO_th.jpg

http://thumb8.webshots.net/t/62/462/9/68/62/2840968620034402248AMaQgi_th.jpg

http://thumb8.webshots.net/t/69/69/2/4/8/2784204080034402248zPEjvL_th.jpg

Price - $550 FIRM

yea, it is great to fill up for $15 and drive for a month. I have never checked compression, has always run fine so I never felt the need to do so. Thanks for the comments so far. Hopefully I'll have some takers soon...

Ya that is why I was laughing so hard thursday, there was one on 675 that the girl was walking back to with a gas can, I was thinking WTF if had prob. been on E for like a week and you still ran out of gas!