03-04 Cobra or 06 daytona Charger?

Guest dsm8u

Most people can attest to how hard I beat on my car. The things I've broken have had nothing to do with that (more to do with 30psi out of a blower not equipped for it). These cars like to be driven, just be smart about it.

Well i finally got to test drive a cobra.A 2003 cobra from carmax .I loved it.They seem to run good.This one was all stock.The only thing bad about this cobra was that it made a weird poping noise from the rearend eveytime i shifted.Other than that this is what i am wanting.Now just to find the right one.

Well i finally got to test drive a cobra.A 2003 cobra from carmax .I loved it.They seem to run good.This one was all stock.The only thing bad about this cobra was that it made a weird poping noise from the rearend eveytime i shifted.Other than that this is what i am wanting.Now just to find the right one.

to some extent that is normal. its referred to as the drivetrain clunk. if it is with EVERY shift than that is abnormal, and i think a new driveshaft fixes this. there is also a possible noise that is a 'pop' from the rear when going up a curb, like pulling into a driveway. this is caused by the wrong sized bolts used to attach the rear lower control arms--cured by adding the larger bolts--nobody has documented a failure of the 'improper' bolts that were used--its just an annoying noise. i've fixed that problem on my car.

that car sounds like a good deal. oddly enough, the coupes are more sought after these days than the verts. just be sure the car was never modded--mainly, ask them to pull the pulley cover and make sure there's no scoring/marks on the end of the blower snout--indicating that a pulley swap had been made. i would have no problems buying a lightly modded '03/04 as long as its been documented that it has been maintained/dyno tuned. i WOULD have a problem buying a modded car that was returned to stock.

honestly join svtperformance.com, and check the 'for sale' forum---tons of terminator cobras for sale over there, and between modularfords.com, and the svt site, you can get every question you ever thought of answered.

the favorite colors seem to be competition orange, and sonic blue, followed by yellow and dark metallic gray. as hal stated, black ones are the most common colors

kirk

I'd also recommend the Cobra. That's one nice thing about Mustangs -- never-ending aftermarket that's very affordable.

+1

aftermarket parts are cheap for the cobra. i have a GTO and cobra--my catback for the cobra was $500, for the GTO was $800 (and considered a cheaper one). shifter for the cobra was $150, $300 for the GTO. intake was $150 for the cobra, $250 for the GTO. i don't know what dodge aftermarket parts would cost, but i'm SURE they would be more expensive than the cobra's. 450rwhp can be had so easily with these cars, and retain FULL driveability with stock idle.

the aftermarket is ENDLESS. i lurk svtperformance.com constantly, and cannot believe all the shit people have done to these cars, all easily supplied by an endless aftermarket. if you can think of a combination of parts, its been done.

BTW man- I say cobra as well as this is one of the two cars I am looking at as well.

How does an 03-04 cobra ride/handle?

I have plenty of acceleration now in my fox but I am getting fed up with the ride/handling and the fact that there is always some little thing to fix as it is modified and not factory sealed... daily driver.

Either a stock 03-04 cobra or a stock 02-04 z06.

the cobra handles fairly well compared to a fox-body stock-for-stock. that being said, most foxes are getting up there in age, and show it with the quality of their ride. when i first bought my '04 cobra (and it was stock), it wasn't too much faster than my '87 GT up to 80-90mph, but it was/is 10 times more comfortable to drive, and handles the curves much better than the fox. my fox has minimal suspension mods other than lower springs and upper/lower control arms. the cobra is just a more fun car to drive, period.