Mach 1 carnage at norwalk

TurboRust

I drove the car to work today and noticed gear oil all over the rear bumper, shit its dripping out the rear end cover. pull it in on a rack and pull the pan off

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/Turborust/myteeth.jpg

4 teeth broke off my ring gear of the 4.30's and shot into the rear end cover, one hit just right at the bottom between two bolt holes and allowed it to start leaking heavily. The cars getting parked for a little bit getting new rear suspension, 31 spline shit and 4.56's instead of 4.30's I'll be pullin wheels like Ray next spring.

Thats why i mentioned new suspension, i'll be working with a taller spring /tire height adjustment to cut down on fender gap like it is now but keep the car from where it doesnt break shit everytime I romp the gas from having all the angles jacked up. Halbert i was already driving on 4.30's and it wasnt that bad. I had the car to 155ish on those gears. I dont need to be going that dman fast, so if 4.56 cuts me down to 140 top mph i wont really care.

derek under dave's name

ride height to low, none adjustable=bad.

what brand gears were they? what was the setting for backlash?

they were motive gears, I had what I thought was a decent shop set them up. When apart the gears had a good wear pattern after 10k miles, they just broke apart. I put new fliud in and drove the car home no problems, i'm just afraid to beat on it like that. It could proabably be daily driven by a normal person for years, i just drive like a dick all the time.

The car will go faster NA with the 4.56's. You want to cross the traps 300-500rpm PAST your peak power. With 4.56's powershifting that car should go high 11's with 1.5x 60's on radials. You have to fix the suspension though.

Guest Removed

i asked about the backlash because , you can pretty much set it up for whatever! different settings for different reason's.sounds like they was setup for mainly light driving..not slicks and hard launch's.i had 4.30s in a couple of cars. i seen 100's on 1.6-1.5 60's or better out of richmond gears. never used motive gears.

r they all in the same spot? or a tooth here and there?