I hate Mercedes!!

Amy

Sean that right there is the way to run a service department. The money you could make by pissing them off charging someone for a scan is nothing compared to the money that will be made from referrals by happy customers. In todays market everyones looking for shops that will go the extra mile instead of taking the cheap road and when people find a good one they will let others know.

I recently told a bud from work to go to the Goodyear at Westerville and Schrock and I'm sorry I did. All he needed was 7 feet of brake line replaced going over to the passenger side rear wheel on his caddy. They quoted $435 to do it and claimed to need to remove the gas tank to do the job. He did it in his driveway in 20 minutes and 1 line wrench. That shit almost had me going down there to start some shit. I hate bad service.

Evan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope never got anything like that. Hell I still haven't got the extra key they were supposed to have for me 3 months ago or the fucking phone that came with the car!!

You've been had. I hate to bring the "tough love", but you shouldn't have signed your $4g away without reading and understanding every last word. You got screwed because you asked to be screwed, it's happened to everyoneWhat Scott said, no PM stuff is warranted work, no interior breakage is either. The only honest thing a dealer ever told me is "Extended warrantys are BS wastes of money". so was the car he sold me, but at least he didn't sell me an extended warranty.

I love Benz's, I'll own more, but I've told everyone I know and I've said it a thousand times here: DO NOT BUY AFTER 93!!!

Yeah, I knew the "wearable" items wouldnt be covered, I was just saying how much of a rip off they were...

But the other thing that cracked me up was they said now its a bad tie rod and the tires are all bad.. (I just replaced all four tires 2 months ago LOL)

Buckeye and Dave Ill shoot you guys a call thanks!

They quoted $435 to do it and claimed to need to remove the gas tank to do the job. He did it in his driveway in 20 minutes and 1 line wrench. That shit almost had me going down there to start some shit. I hate bad service.

Evan

I agree you shouldn't have to take the tank out ever and the big thing is that they claim that and probably would not take the tank out anyway!

Yeah, I knew the "wearable" items wouldnt be covered, I was just saying how much of a rip off they were...

But the other thing that cracked me up was they said now its a bad tie rod and the tires are all bad.. (I just replaced all four tires 2 months ago LOL)

Buckeye and Dave Ill shoot you guys a call thanks!

Sounds like you took it to a shitty dealer that is trying to give you the woman price. I'd be fucking crazy right now if they did that shit to my wife.... :mad:

Go somewhere else QUICK...

Sounds like you took it to a shitty dealer that is trying to give you the woman price. I'd be fucking crazy right now if they did that shit to my wife.... :mad:

Go somewhere else QUICK...

It's at Germain Mercedes of Easton! Im going to pick the car up tomorrow after paying the 65 bucks to have them tell me I have a bad tie rod and wheel bearing. (that was only looking at it) then Im taking it to the Germain of Lexus dealer where I bought it and bitching up a storm!

Yes Mercedes charge UNGODLY amounts for their 'service plans'. I think it was 2 or 3 weeks ago a SLR came in and it cost $4k to have its oil changed. I was talking to a cashier up their and its on avg. that it cost 400 dollars to have routine maintenance on any Mercedes.

Mercedes used to be #1 in quality and #1 in customer service. That's not an ad, it's a statistical fact. They held that title for 15 years or so, right up until the 90s, where it turned a COMPLETE 180, now they're almost dead last.

They slacked on build quality to save money, but you can't build complicated widgets cheaply, they break.

They've also been capitalizing on the service market. Build shitty cars, and charge out the ass to fix them...I'd like to see their gross profits from 94 to 04 and see how they've done.

Sell your car and get a 300E from 92/93.

If you want to be more of a pimp, get a 500E, NOT an E500. Each 500E was hand-built by Porsche and spew 320ish hp.

If you go for a nice 560SEL, you'll have torque to tow your Mustang, and room to stretch your legs and sleep. You can get the same 5.6 V8 in a 2 door CL.

Yes mercedes, bmw any german car company is going to rape you for stupid charges.

Just the mirror glass on a c230 for one side is......$650.00.

i dont know what your talking about but i just replaced the side mirror on my 2005 benz and just the glass peice was 850, still have the reciept from evans autom. to prove it

ok...i'm a little tipsy..i didnt read the whole post...but i bought my AMG C32 from the Toy Barn and i had an S4 from them previously...both have been above 50k and i've never had a problem with insane prices....for the most part they've always said everything is covered....maybe its becasue we buy2-3 cars every 2-3 years from them....i dunno...but i have gotten things in the mail from Mercedes of Easton...i'd rather try my hand at MAG....everytime i've been there...someone knows what my car is and gives me a fair price...fuck those large dealerships!

ok...i'm a little tipsy..i didnt read the whole post...but i bought my AMG C32 from the Toy Barn and i had an S4 from them previously...both have been above 50k and i've never had a problem with insane prices....for the most part they've always said everything is covered....maybe its becasue we buy2-3 cars every 2-3 years from them....i dunno...but i have gotten things in the mail from Mercedes of Easton...i'd rather try my hand at MAG....everytime i've been there...someone knows what my car is and gives me a fair price...fuck those large dealerships!

Ya, Im new to this whole German car thing.. I had no idea where and what places I could take the car to. I am going to Lexus tomorrow and after that if they dont fix the issue maybe form then on I will try MAG. I was going to buy a BMW from Toy Barn, they had wonderful service, great selection and not bad prices. Always like to look back and kick mysef in the ass lol

MAg will be expensive as well, but at least you;ll be getting mroe value for you r money. While you wait, you can wonder the multi-million dollar showroom and sip on free coffee that is actually GOOD. :D

HAHA Never ad coffee! But today I priced the parts that I need and they are a total together of 200 bucks total. hmmm sounds a lot less than 4k lol

Ya, Im new to this whole German car thing.. I had no idea where and what places I could take the car to. I am going to Lexus tomorrow and after that if they dont fix the issue maybe form then on I will try MAG. I was going to buy a BMW from Toy Barn, they had wonderful service, great selection and not bad prices. Always like to look back and kick mysef in the ass lol

Do not go to MAG! Go to Evans Automotive, they do a better job and are more qualified. Also they cost less.

Hell, we usually pull codes for free if you give us a call ahead of time and let us know you are coming. We would rather pull the code and tell you whats wrong and try to be informative as possible. That is why we have the client base we have w/ no advertising.

Hey thats why my parents take all their stuff there! Customer service is win! I never hear a damn good thing about mercedes either.

Audi/BMW/Mercedes

Until I can afford to pay cash for them, I can't afford to maintain them.

There are reasons that extended warranties exist, because typically they bring more money in then they pay out. This is standard business and typical in all insurance. If it wasn't profitable, they would have done it.

You would have been better to put $4g's in a savings account and waited.

Good luck though......

Audi/BMW/Mercedes

Until I can afford to pay cash for them, I can't afford to maintain them.

There are reasons that extended warranties exist, because typically they bring more money in then they pay out. This is standard business and typical in all insurance. If it wasn't profitable, they would have done it.

You would have been better to put $4g's in a savings account and waited.

Good luck though......

Well, if you get a good CPO warranty and the right circumstances there is no issue. IE: a car a few years old with very low mileage.

Original Warranty 5yr/ 50k

CPO 6 Years from in service or 100k.

You can buy them used with 10-20K on them and end up getting far more warranty then the original owner ever did.

You get the factory warranty until 50K then CPO kicks in until 100k.

And when you bring your car in for service, you get another brand new audi to drive while yours is being worked on (free of charge). I honestly have zero complaints.

i didnt buy an extended warranty because my last car had 0 problems i didnt directly cause. i beat the shit out of it daily. hail storm totalled it out, got the same model in april. bought it w/ 57k miles, had them do the 60k service as part of the deal with me buying the car. 2nd owner warranty for powertrain expires at 60k. at 63k, it just threw a rod through the block. wtf

even with that, i paid 800$ for parts/labor to have a new used engine put in where the warranty would have cost me 1800+