hello

blue98ls1

Almost the worst intro ever.

tell us about your cars and shit.

:p

Well lets see, I have a Teal SVX, it has 174k miles, I had a different engine installed, prior to the install I had it rebuilt with new seals, water pump, TBelt, plugs and all that good stuff.... It has a 4.44 transmission, so she has some extra power, and the exhaust is grossly loud right now,it has a cheap magnaflow muffler on it... sounds like a ricer :barf:

My maxima is a 5spd SE, Tokiko Illumina Adjustable Shocks and Tein Luxury Master springs, 17" rims, new clutch & flywheel... it is not at all fast compaired to the other 2 cars... but I still like it.

My 82 Porsche 928 is a work in progress, It was my daily driver until the thermostat stuck closed... right now the engine is on a stand in the process of being put back together, but have so far been unsuccessful in finding someone to stick with helping get it back together.... its probably pretty easy to put it back together, but I am a newbie at engine work and want to make sure its done right...

what went wrong in the engine, and what all is left to do?

I was driving out by bellefountaine when the lower radiator hose broke, I duct taped the hose, and left the rad. cap open and drove it home. It turned out though that the thermostat had broken and by me driving it home, it had gotten so hot it broke the water pump and some other hoses and gaskets. :eek: I had taken it to a shop and they said it had also broken the heater core, but I dont believe it because there was no coolant leaking into the car. :confused: I think what they saw was fluid leaking from the hose in the back and assumed it was the heater core... plus they did not want to work on the car..

We took the engine out to rebuild it with all new seals and to make sure nothing else was damaged, which everything was fine.

As of right now the pistons are all back in, the crank is sealed into place, and one of the heads is back on. Thats as far as we have gotten with it....... :(

Did you steal that from Tom Cruise in Risky Business? lol.

HAHAHA most likely got it for cheap after it went in that river

welcome to cr man

:D I have heard quite a few risky business jokes since I bought this car. I had to finally watch the movie so i knew what everyone was talking about.

Its a very very fun car when its running.

:burn:

Welcome. Nice 928, we've got a few customers that we've done some pretty cool stuff for with 928's.

http://www.aptuning.net/photos/Service1pic-2.jpg

Welcome, nice cars. the 928 is the V8 porsche isnt it?

Yes it is the front engine V8, transmission sits in the rear for 50/50 weight distribution, battery sits in the trunk on top of the transmission.... its an interesting setup.

Welcome. Nice 928, we've got a few customers that we've done some pretty cool stuff for with 928's.

What kind of stuff? I know a few people around that have done superchargers, but they are very pricy.

Didn't the 928 have an internal water pump ? I always liked the 928 , neve had the guts to buy one. Heard they are more expensive to work on than a lsx.

The water pump is bolted to the front center of the engine. It has a non-interfering engine, so you have to take off the timing belt and stuff to get to the water pump. But its not too bad.

The parts are quite expensive for it, and I have a really hard time finding anyone willing to work on it.

Most shops wont even do an oil change, let alone fix something thats broken..., but so far its very easy to work on, they used very good quality parts so it comes apart easy, but its a good size engine and definately a 2 man job to take it out and put it back together.