CamaroAJ has some pictures of my Z06

LPFSTheFett

I was installing a warranty LS1 in a GTO,that shouldnt have been under warranty(nitrous went lean on stk pump).

I'm happy to say the only thing that's went through my car is Sunoco 94.

I've done some research on the Corvette Forum's and it looks like this problem is some what common, not common like the roofs flying off, but common enough that people have had the exact same thing happen that happened to mine. Simple Valve spring failure causing the valve to drop and take out the engine. The few examples I've seen all happened within the first 4k miles of usage too, which mine is right at 2900.

I'm happy to say the only thing that's went through my car is Sunoco 94.

I've done some research on the Corvette Forum's and it looks like this problem is some what common, not common like the roofs flying off, but common enough that people have had the exact same thing happen that happened to mine. Simple Valve spring failure causing the valve to drop and take out the engine. The few examples I've seen all happened within the first 4k miles of usage too, which mine is right at 2900.

2800 and some change:p . GM was sending all LS7 cars back to blowing green for engine replacement but was "over loaded" with work so it is now up to the dealer to fix it.

maybe GM just got all of Comp Cams junk springs lol.