I gave in to peer pressure...

SPLN SUX

and went out and bought an XBox 360 and Halo 3. :D

Im going to play the story first, so i memorize the controls and get used to melee play again. Its been a while since ive played CS, DoD, and BattleGrounds, but in all of those i kicked ass. I played Halo 2 for a bit, but that was like 2yrs ago, so i need to get familiar with the game again before singing up for Live and

KILLING YOU ALL!

EDIT: Beat me to it ^^

ok question...

What does it mean if the lights on the front, three of them flash red? I hooked it all up and turned it on, and thats all it does...

That fucking sucks. Here's a link for info:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534

Basically, you gotta send it in to get it repaired :(

EDIT: Beat me to it ^^

That fucking sucks. Here's a link for info:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534

Basically, you gotta send it in to get it repaired :(

What's sad is that I don't even own one, I've just heard about the ring of death from so many people who have them. But hey, this is a Microsoft product after all :p

Return it to the store and get a new one.

+1, to us thats known as the red halo of death. Be sure to get an external fan for it too. These things like to overheat (I got the "intercooler""). The last thing you want is for it to overheat and break again...

P.S. When most people get the red halo of death they buy a new xbox 360, then put the broke one in the box and take it back for a full refund. You probably got someone elses xbox that overheated and melted some of the internal components. Make sure the serial number on the console matches the one on the box before you walk out the store with the next one.

you can cook it with the towel trick and it will run for a while...

wrap the xbox in several towels with your only your power cord hooked up and everything else removed (vid cable, hd, whatever else you might have attached), and turn it on and let it cook for about 30 minutes.

I know that sounds like a load of shit, but really, thats a treatment for this problem (note: treatment, not a cure). look it up on google.

I took it back and they exchanged it out for me. the funny thing was, the guy who sold it to me was telling me about this issue, and when i walked back in and told him, his jaw dropped. he couldnt believe that i had gotten one. but they gave me a new one and this one has an HDMI hook up in the back of it.. the other one didnt... i think they gave me the Elite one instead of the premium.. but its not black... i dunno. Runs 1080p with the cable it comes with so who gives a fuck :D

I took it back and they exchanged it out for me. the funny thing was, the guy who sold it to me was telling me about this issue, and when i walked back in and told him, his jaw dropped. he couldnt believe that i had gotten one. but they gave me a new one and this one has an HDMI hook up in the back of it.. the other one didnt... i think they gave me the Elite one instead of the premium.. but its not black... i dunno. Runs 1080p with the cable it comes with so who gives a fuck :D

Sounds like you got an old one or a returned one the first time. All new 360's have HDMI now.

So no love for the PS3? I'm still rocking a PS2! Still undecided on which one I should get it's getting cold outside so I will be indoors more often!

Decided on things make my brain hurt!

I bought the PS3 when the price dropped.. Had a 12% coupon plus some gift cards.. I've played it twice.

I have a PS3, ended up trading my 360 for it, ive went through 5 360s all getting the ring of death. Anyway, PS3 and Xbox both share alot of the same games, so its kinda of a personal preferance as to which you like better. But I give a big :thumbup: to the PS3 for not breaking! Cant say the same for the 360s...

I just got a PS3, the Grand Turismo HD minigame/demo looks better than forza 2, and all it is is grand turismo 4 rioded up a little I guess (that’s what I read on ps3 forums). So I can't wait to see what Grand Turismo 5 looks like. Also GRAW2 3D wise is the same, but the textures and lighting are better on the PS3, but my opinion might be bias as IGN I think it was, gave GRAW2 on the PS3 a full point lower rating. The only other game I've played was Resistance Fall of Man which is really fun co-op. Also heads up on Grand Turismo should be releasing another teaser game/demo on the grand turismo 5 base here soon(or so I've heard).

So no love for the PS3? I'm still rocking a PS2! Still undecided on which one I should get it's getting cold outside so I will be indoors more often!

Decided on things make my brain hurt!

Oh i wont buy a PS3 untill GT5 comes out... thats when i bought the PS2... when GT4 came out. I have a bunch of people that work for me that play Halo as well as many friends... and i had about 450 burning a hole in my pocket so i decided to go grab one.

I just got a PS3, the Grand Turismo HD minigame/demo looks better than forza 2, and all it is is grand turismo 4 rioded up a little I guess (that’s what I read on ps3 forums). So I can't wait to see what Grand Turismo 5 looks like. Also GRAW2 3D wise is the same, but the textures and lighting are better on the PS3, but my opinion might be bias as IGN I think it was, gave GRAW2 on the PS3 a full point lower rating. The only other game I've played was Resistance Fall of Man which is really fun co-op. Also heads up on Grand Turismo should be releasing another teaser game/demo on the grand turismo 5 base here soon(or so I've heard).

Ive heard Grant Theft Auto on PS3 will be badass. I have a friend who played some sort of short demo and he said the game is awesome and the graphics are 10times better than in previous GTA's. Thats prbably that only game I would consider buying the PS3 for.

Ive heard Grant Theft Auto on PS3 will be badass. I have a friend who played some sort of short demo and he said the game is awesome and the graphics are 10times better than in previous GTA's. Thats prbably that only game I would consider buying the PS3 for.

It's coming out for the 360 the same day.

and went out and bought an XBox 360 and Halo 3. :D

Im going to play the story first, so i memorize the controls and get used to melee play again. Its been a while since ive played CS, DoD, and BattleGrounds, but in all of those i kicked ass. I played Halo 2 for a bit, but that was like 2yrs ago, so i need to get familiar with the game again before singing up for Live and

KILLING YOU ALL!

id love to see you whoop my ass in some CS.....1.6 that is