Bluegrass turn by turn! PICS!

Moto-Brian

Well, they have a full layer of asphalt down and ready for the final layer.

Reuben Frankenfield and a few other were in attendance to overview and provide input on run-off. Meeting went really well and the encouraging part is that the owner wants motorcycle input.

They really want to co-exist with bikes down there.

Absolutely beautiful track. Lots of elevation changes and blind corners. FAST, too! The facility is under construction almost daily as the owner is constantly getting things done when weather permits. Not rushing, but not sitting on his hands, either.

Absolutely a top level facility and a gem in the middle of the the KY/OH valley. Can't wait until spring!!

Enjoy:

Front straight - going to be very fast...

frontstraightti1.th.jpg

Turn one:

t1vv4.th.jpg

Entrance to Turn 2:

t2entranceea1.th.jpg

Exit of Turn 2:

t2exitey0.th.jpg

Turn 3:

t3gw2.th.jpg

Entrance/approach to Turn 4:

t4entrancenj8.th.jpg

Exit of Turn 4:

t4exitfq5.th.jpg

Turns 5 and 6 - Double Apex:

t5andt6doubleapexrd9.th.jpg

Turn 7 - this is banked and set to be held wide open:

t7pinnedbankedow0.th.jpg

7B:

t7big4.th.jpg

WOW. Looks badass so far! Thanks for the sneak peek! So you think they will be similar to mid-oh prices for track days?

It will be cheaper. The track rental is higher at Mid-Ohio. Bluegrass may become that high similar to Barber, but right now, Monte has assured us that it will be cheaper.

Now, when I say cheaper, not sure by how much. I suspect what you'd pay at Putnam, Grattan and Gingerman will be a fairly close example of price. We'll see. All I know is that you should book that April 11 and 12 date asap when it shows on the site. There's a TON of people wanting a crack at the facility. Personally, I MAY go in April, but most likely, won't be there until after. Let everyone get some seat time there and I'll come in after others have gained some set-up notes...

Ya likes elevation changes, do ya?....

IMG_2046Large.jpg

I'm not gonna post any more pics as the owner didn't want them posted. I sent all of mine to him so maybe he'll release some more later.

Actually, he OK'd it with Monte and John. So, fire yours out. John's pics were pretty shitty...

I knew you had better ones...

These are in the order that I took them. We drove in, did a few laps in the car and then went around the track with the owner and track builder; Mr. Andy Vertrees, to review run off room, etc.

IMG_1982Large.jpg

IMG_1983Large.jpg

IMG_1984Large.jpg

IMG_1985Large.jpg

IMG_1986Large.jpg

IMG_1988Large.jpg

Is Reuben consulting on this build? I see him checking out the blueprints.

He was there for motorcycle input. I was to go, as well, but John (organized the meeting) did it last minute before Thanksgiving. Reuben was going to bail, but John paid him to travel and deliver his bike so, he caved (like a school girl) and went.

Bastards.

We'll have another few meetings, I am sure. Can't really discuss why the meeting took place other than to get a motorcyclist's opinion on certain items concerning the track and the safety to the riders.

Trust me when I say that Reuben is probably the best guy to do this. I can contribute as I understand how things work and you don't have to be fast to know stuff, but Reuben's got ALL those assets in his possesion and could have done it solo with the owner and given a BUNCH of great insight.

He's been to enough tracks to know what can happen and how.

Overall, the bottom line is that the owner WANTS to cater to bikes. That's rare. Mid-Ohio has realized over the years that bikes are vital to their business, but it took years to gain that. This guy is at that point or at least a LOT closer than Mid-Ohio was when bikes first came around. I think this is going to be a great situation and considering STT is the offical motorcycle partner to Bluegrass, Monte will lead the way for them in getting some great things done that will be great for us all.