Coolant supposed to be brown?

TTQ B4U

Okay, I'm no tech, but I don't think my coolant is supposed to brown. Not on a 2006 with only 12k miles on it.

I have an appointment at the dealer in the morning, but what are the preliminary guesses? Could the beast have that bad a case of rust in her?

I hate the red color extended coolant for a few known issues...but this?

Thoughts??

http://www.pbase.com/pdqgp/image/87323359.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/pdqgp/image/87323360.jpg

If its brown and your not losing oil or trans fluid I wouldn't worry about it to much. You said you have the red fluid so its not impossible that its turned color. The green stuff never stayed green long either. It usually goes to a green/brown mix too.

Only trouble with getting it checked by the dealer is if there is a problem its gonna be expensive for them to warranty fix it no matter what the problem is and if it was something like a cracked head and it were me I'd make them get me a new car. Even if it means someone takes a little loss somewhere its better than driving a possible POS that they should be honest enough to make right if they are worth dealing with.

Evan

I believe your car has dex-col (red) in it. Its horrible collant and eats away intake gaskets. If the dealer will, change it out with peak or even 50/50. Your coolant should not be brown though. How dark is it? Is it like a fade of red or is it straight brown?

It looks like the Scioto River brown....bad.

I love the GXP, but it's a lease with only 12mos left on her, so I'll drive the bitch into the ground before I'll spend one penny on it. It should all be under warranty though.

Doesn't have oil in it that I can tell, but again, I'm no tech.

I believe your car has dex-col (red) in it. Its horrible collant and eats away intake gaskets. If the dealer will, change it out with peak or even 50/50. Your coolant should not be brown though. How dark is it? Is it like a fade of red or is it straight brown?

yeah, but I want to make sure it starts in the winter and that if I drop it back off vs trade/sell it, that I don't get nailed for not maintaining it. Other than that, I agree, Gas, drive with excitement and repeat.

Pics added....scroll back up for details.

If its a lease with only 12 more months, do the following fill with gas, drive, repeat.