gt35r vs. t3/t4

Reed44

Its just a difference in the flange size, the exhaust wheels and A/R options are all the same as far as I know. The T4 flange will outflow the T3 (it's larger, duh) but that shouldnt be an issue with a 35R.

Edit, Woops, I thought you wanted to know the difference between the T4 and T3 flanged gt30r.

I plan on getting the 35r becuase of its top end performance. I didnt know where the t3/t4 fell into. It seemed like on ebay they where saying the two are the same. I am just clearing it up for me and wondering whats whats.

t3/t4 is a very broad term for any turbo that uses a t3 exhaust flange and a t4 compressor side. u need to find specific turbo measurements for anyone to give u a comparison worth anything. gt35r's come with both a t3 exhaust side or a t4 depending on what u order and i believe there will soon be a twin scroll t4 gt35r. do not buy a turbo off ebay if it just says t3/t4, thats just standard ebay garbage. look up AMSperformance.com they have some of the best stuff for evo's, them and buschur which i see u already know. i believe someone around here made 500+ whp on a stock engine evo with a gt3582r (i think)

t3/t4 is a very broad term for any turbo that uses a t3 exhaust flange and a t4 compressor side. u need to find specific turbo measurements for anyone to give u a comparison worth anything. gt35r's come with both a t3 exhaust side or a t4 depending on what u order and i believe there will soon be a twin scroll t4 gt35r. do not buy a turbo off ebay if it just says t3/t4, thats just standard ebay garbage. look up AMSperformance.com they have some of the best stuff for evo's, them and buschur which i see u already know. i believe someone around here made 500+ whp on a stock engine evo with a gt3582r (i think)

So a gt35r can basically be a t3/t4 turbo? t3/t4 are just the measurements? I hate the lag in my stock one and I can get a t3/t4 for a good deal. Thats why I wanted to see the similarities. To me it sounds like gt35r is a turbo and t3/t4 are just measurements of one.

gt35r will be way more laggy than ur stock unit. turbos are a trade off of lag for top end so if u want good top end u will have to deal with some lag first. if u want almost instant boost u will have to have a smaller turbo which will fall off top end. with that said there are some set ups that do both better than others. for example i run a 60-1 t3/t4 by turbonetics, nothin special but fairly good sized turbo. i made 502whp at 8300 rpm but i have to wait till about 4000rpm to get full boost. had i gone with a smaller turbo such as the greddy kit for my car which uses a 14g mitsu turbo like the stock evo just a little smaller i could have full boost at between 2500 and 3000rpm but couldnt make much more than 315 whp.

Guest v8_What?

gt35r is not as laggy as you guys might think!! Mine is nowhere as bad as my greddy TD-06 20G I had on my 180sx over in japan. When my evo is done at slomo I will post some graph for you guys!!!

And if you really want to see some lag let me know and I will post up some of my dyno graphs from over in Japan when we were shitting around and put a T-51R KAI on my sr20det. Boy was that some laggy but dynoed at around 576 if I remember correctly. I would have to go searching for that one!!! MAN I miss my Japan days!!!....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Guest v8_What?
For that goal get a ported IX turbo.

A 35r will be barely in it's efficiency range with 350 dynojet whp

What is your trap speed and et goal?

I would agree with this. You are going to have a hard time keeping in that power range with a 35r. low safe tunes for the evo usually hit in the 420's to 440's .

If you really want to stay in the range I would recommend a gt30R or a FP Green. Their are guys on EVOM running 10's on both those turbine. the 30r has a good top end range that you are looking for!!!

If you want a turbo that will preform its best on pump gas and make 400awhp get a Garrett GT3076R. I had it on my SRT-4 and my buddy has it on his Evo 8 and he made 415awhp on 21psi pump gas. The Evo 8 stock turbo is not bad but you can make 350-375awhp on it. DO NOT GET AN FP GREEN unless you wanna waste money and make no power on pump gas. That turbo makes about 3-5whp/psi boost on anything above 15psi.

Is the fp green the same thing as their 3065?

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTFP3582HTA

The fp 3582 HTA turbo may be the best thing going for evo's. Hopefully they make a wheel like that for a pt67. It is however a 4 bones upgrade.

if all you want is 400 wheel, I would just get cams, and maybe meth injection if you choose not to run good gas. 35r is going to be more of a 500 hp range turbo, (actully more depending on the A/R an such you choose.)

We just installed an tuned an evo with cosworth 272s springs retainers, walbaro aem meth kit, and a couple of small things and at like 24 pounds of boost made 395 whp on our dynojet which reads very conservative. (so just from a comparison sake)

Guest v8_What?
well they finished dyno'ing my car. 483hp with 482tq.......not too shabby for a 35r!!! just sucks being right on that mark of 500!!!! It feel like I just had sex and finished in 15 seconds!!!