• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as Columbus goes-you need to look at street racing a few ways-

Most victories total- Linn

Most "Big" Victories (against 10s or faster cars)-Sam

Most Victories on a Bike- Sonny

Sonny has had some fairly quick cars as well...

Street racing goes back much further than just the last five years.

The thread is "history", and unfortunately Sam nor Jon are anything but a recent part of it. I've logged in my fair share of hours and don't even claim to make a scratch in the local scene.

There are people on here that I've talked to with stories of Super Shops, racing when SR315 or I-270 were being built, etc. I'd think those are the historical figures, timelines, and incidents that when groups of big dollar racers get together, that's what they'd recollect. Then maybe in ten years Sam or Jon will be the talk and that will be the history when a topic like this is revisited. But not right now.

Sonny has had more fast bikes and some cars than you are years old. I would put money on Sonny vs. any professional rider on the street or track. I have seen him out 60ft many people even on bikes he has never even sat on before.

is sonny still around i use to race them guys all the time on the bikes that when we race every day all night long for good money.

Street racing goes back much further than just the last five years.

The thread is "history", and unfortunately Sam nor Jon are anything but a recent part of it. I've logged in my fair share of hours and don't even claim to make a scratch in the local scene.

There are people on here that I've talked to with stories of Super Shops, racing when SR315 or I-270 were being built, etc. I'd think those are the historical figures, timelines, and incidents that when groups of big dollar racers get together, that's what they'd recollect. Then maybe in ten years Sam or Jon will be the talk and that will be the history when a topic like this is revisited. But not right now.

you are right we been racing for over 25 years.when the rod shop was on liveston ave. an green gabels on the west side witch is central point shopping center now.that was the good old days.

is sonny still around i use to race them guys all the time on the bikes that when we race every day all night long for good money.

He is deffinatly still around! I remember going out with my '69 Dart or '70 Cuda and/or a bike and racing all night and going to Marion or Trails the next day!

Guest Removed
you are right we been racing for over 25 years.when the rod shop was on liveston ave. an green gabels on the west side witch is central point shopping center now.that was the good old days.

And those where the good old days. I grew up running around green gables/centrel point scene. it has all went down hill in the last 7 or so years.

I remember going out too what we consider hot spots now, and racing till the sun came up. Just cant do it like that now, unless its a week night or sunday night.

I mean, any givin friday or saturday night. You could go around and find a few different area's around columbus to go hangout and streetrace or find people streetracing. you just can't do that anymore.

Guest Wunna Dig Race
And those where the good old days. I grew up running around green gables/centrel point scene. it has all went down hill in the last 7 or so years.

I remember going out too what we consider hot spots now, and racing till the sun came up. Just cant do it like that now, unless its a week night or sunday night.

I mean, any givin friday or saturday night. You could go around and find a few different area's around columbus to go hangout and streetrace or find people streetracing. you just can't do that anymore.

I remember them days we need a better spot

Guest Wunna Dig Race
problem with that is, the better spot always get found by all the people that just want to watch!

I gots a great spot all smooth 3 lanes wide and closer than there fucked up amc boy spot from when they came down

Guest Wunna Dig Race
I remember standing out on Stimmel for hours on end racing all night long. My vote goes to Sonny, I have known him for yrs and seen some crazy shit that he has done. I have very rarely seen him lose a race unless it was some crazy race that he had no chance..

I remember that too

Ive heard a ton of stories about cars that were built at the rod shop...

Ive heard a ton of stories about cars that were built at the rod shop...

it was a good place.that when every one that race did not mind racing on the streets.you made a hell of alot of money on the streets.that was some peoples full time job raceing on the streets.all from a dig you never heard of from a roll bull shit that would have not been MANLEY.

What about that guy with the superbee on the west side, or Bill Meridith there are a bunch of guys that have raced for years on the west side.

I would also put in a vote for Sonny. He had a 9 second F-body years ago and has always had some really fast bikes.

What about that guy with the superbee on the west side, or Bill Meridith there are a bunch of guys that have raced for years on the west side.

I would also put in a vote for Sonny. He had a 9 second F-body years ago and has always had some really fast bikes.

i used to race with sonny an joe marosco an tinker.

Guest Wunna Dig Race

Bob Meridith (green super bee) Bill Meridith has a 64-65 olds 442 tubbed out and Shawn Meridith has a fox body mustang with a 406 Chevy motor in it(smart kid LOL) :woowoo:

• 3 weeks later...