DSM problem

Guest DSM GIRL

Guest DSM GIRL

Alright. Hopefully what we found out by reading the codes (no word from any of you about the codes! haha) Idle control valve. I have yet to take it out and check the ohms, which I was meaning to, just too sad to see her in the garage. And the idle screw/biss was loose, so that's tightened and filled with silicone for the time being. And the engine mount in the front, well needs replaced. I don't know if this would have anything to do with the transmission feel when i shift, it feels as if the shifter cables are stretched, which would make sense if the engine mount has moved, right? It's more the the left, and slanted..

I was also thinking injectors, plus just to go into town and back, I live 15 mins away, I used 1/4 tank. I never use that much in one day. I have to keep on the gas at the lights/or at a stop, in order to keep it running or it will die..

Alright. Hopefully what we found out by reading the codes (no word from any of you about the codes! haha) Idle control valve. I have yet to take it out and check the ohms, which I was meaning to, just too sad to see her in the garage. And the idle screw/biss was loose, so that's tightened and filled with silicone for the time being. And the engine mount in the front, well needs replaced. I don't know if this would have anything to do with the transmission feel when i shift, it feels as if the shifter cables are stretched, which would make sense if the engine mount has moved, right? It's more the the left, and slanted..

I was also thinking injectors, plus just to go into town and back, I live 15 mins away, I used 1/4 tank. I never use that much in one day. I have to keep on the gas at the lights/or at a stop, in order to keep it running or it will die..

the biss has a small o ring fitted on it, from what you described it will stay loose until you replace this, if you tightened it all the way you already fucked up the idle, if you would have to keep on the gas while idling that just might mean that the idle speed control soleniod is fucked up, and for your dsm, buy a haynes manual and sit down and read chapter 6 i believe, it is all on diagnostics and has all the codes and troubleshooting solutions, and if you think you have a bad injector, pull the spark plugs it will tell you right away. Are you sure that tech school of yours isnt for the "special" kids?

if its a IAC problem pull it off and clean it with carb clean its clogges, and done have say ohms test again, all the tech school people that come into lexus want to ohms test everything, well it doesnt work all the time.

Isn't that worse? Because then you diagnosed it wrong..

It's not good, but at least you have evidence that led you to your conclusion rather than pulling somthing out of your ass.....everyone makes a mistake every once and awhile. I see what you are saying tho.......

Guest DSM GIRL

Alright. Now the BISS screw/silicone situation, was done by a 'professional'.

I got a 90 ECU, switched pins... Runs better than ever since I've had it. I just have idle surge, can that be from the screw being tightened to much?

Alright. Now the BISS screw/silicone situation, was done by a 'professional'.

I got a 90 ECU, switched pins... Runs better than ever since I've had it. I just have idle surge, can that be from the screw being tightened to much?

yes check that o ring, let the car warm up and idle and turn the screw until your idle sounds good, it should be at 750 rpm when warmed up

Idle surge will not be caused by the biss unless the o-ring seal is leaking.

Your idle surge is caused by your IAC(DUH) thats why your check engine code went off.

Replace/clean whatever you need to fix your IAC and your problems should be fix. If your idle is still surging do a boost leak test.

Idle surge will not be caused by the biss unless the o-ring seal is leaking.

Your idle surge is caused by your IAC(DUH) thats why your check engine code went off.

Replace/clean whatever you need to fix your IAC and your problems should be fix. If your idle is still surging do a boost leak test.

cant she just look at that damn o ring, like ive said in every other post. and taking out the ISC(idle speed control, same thing as iac, mitsubitchi just called it something different) to clean usually results in making it worse, your going to have to get a new one or find a good used one