wtb: Norinco .45

baron_

Wanting a starter .45 (not a hi-point, though)

had one of these for a while and it treated me well....shouldn't have sold it

anyone have one? Might be interested in other brands...looking for cheap rather than quality, at the moment (until i better learn what i'm doing)

actually need two...my roommate wants to start shooting as well

p.s. I'm not wild about paperwork or I'd go to Vance's. I have no criminal history (law student at OSU, in fact): I just don't like the idea of being registered with the gov't

i dont know if you're set on a .45, but i was at vances recently and got a smith and wesson sigma 9mm (they had .40's as well), for 299$ w/ 3 17rd magazines. i dont know if theyre still running the deal, but it was a great buy. i think theyre usually 379ish w/ only 2 mags

I would hit up the up coming gun shows, people walk around with guns for sale, no papers! I had a Charles Daily 1911 it is a good gun, you should be able to pick up one of those for about 275-300 used.r

#1 priority: no paperwork (or i would have done the CCW program by now)

I really dislike having to tell the feds that I own a firearm. That's bullshit - not their business. It's the criminals and shady characters that will get guns under the radar, regardless.... that are the problem - not the people that will register them

i've heard good things about the Daly's

two....quick and practical examples, Evan (although Katrina illustrates the same point, among many others)

#1. Nazi Germany. One of the first things they did was walk over to the registered people and ask where the gun was. You were shot if you didn't produce the gun

#2. Australia around 1992. Now big on gun control: same deal (although you weren't shot, they just confiscated the gun)

Rather than ask why i don't want to register, i'd like to hear why I should want to

Having the law-abiding citizens register serves no purpose

I'm tired of the government telling me how to live my life

Too many fucking laws

If we take registration for granted today....it'll be commonplace tomorrow: accepted...allowed...required

And a few years after that, a few more restrictions and the destruction of a few more liberties

Suddenly we'll see more limits on bore and capacity...and people will grumble, but not really care since it's just a little step

the gov't has a...rude...tendency to slowly erode personal rights. You don't see them disappear....but they slowly do

OHIO HAS NO GUN REGISTRATION

Jesus tittyfucking christ

Now that I've got that out of the way, good fucking luck finding a norinco. KKKlinton banned all imports from their parent company sometime in the mid to late '90's so those are rare these days.

you don't think running the background check is the equivalent?

That starting that process sets off a dozen bells and whistles?

and yea: I know Clinton banned them

Someone took a couple shots with an SKS at the whitehouse is what spurred that, if I remember correctly

this is funny

Vances paperwork takes all of 3 minutes to complete.

Just because your a law student doesnt mean you couldnt have a criminal history. Now if I was anyone on the board here I would worry about selling you a firearm that came from my home.

If I were selling a firearm FTF, and the buyer said he did not want to fill out the (formerly Yellow) Form...I would not sell.

If you have nothing to be concerned about, why not? Ohio does not register firearms.

KillJoy

PS - I will not sell you a firearm.

you don't think running the background check is the equivalent?

That starting that process sets off a dozen bells and whistles?

and yea: I know Clinton banned them

Someone took a couple shots with an SKS at the whitehouse is what spurred that, if I remember correctly

Someone shooting at the white house with a primarily eastern european weapon caused a chinese company to be banned? No, it had to do with Clinton starting shit with the chinese economically.

And I agree with the last few posters. If I sell a gun, and it's not to someone that I know VERY well, I'm taking them to a gun store to have a background check done. If this person were to refuse, then no sale.

feel free not to sell to me - don't need 30 posters telling me they won't sell to me

If i had a criminal record; i wouldn't be in law school...because they wouldn't let me pass the bar (anything serious, at least - they have quite strict requirements)

anyways, i suppose this post is for those that

#1. Have a norinco

#2. Don't care about paperwork

Better?

what are new norinco's running these days?

I hear they're still selling them in Canada?

OHIO HAS NO GUN REGISTRATION

Jesus tittyfucking christ

Now that I've got that out of the way, good fucking luck finding a norinco. KKKlinton banned all imports from their parent company sometime in the mid to late '90's so those are rare these days.

Thank god you posted that becuase I was about ready to after I saws barons second or third post... i dont know post #7

background check, ccw, jesus people learn what the hell your talking about before you talk about it.

another person that feels compelled to comment

Yay!

I'm well aware that it's more akin to a criminal history check. That being said, I would wager that a little mark is put next to your name somewhere...that says you've had this process performed. It isn't hard to link the two, if the government chose (and probably does choose...whether it's publicized or not).

A de facto gun registration, as far as I'm concerned

gunbroker.com may help you.

So long as he buys in state, from an individual that is sympathetic to his needs. If he were to buy out of state, he would have to get it shipped to an FFL, which means EVIL PAPERWORK!!!!

Baron, your best bet will be to go to the next PRO gun show at westland mall and look for an individual selling a gun rather than someone from an actual store.

As for this bullshit here, you are talking about trying to circumvent gun laws, and I've had enough of it. This thread is over.