This just in....

V8 Beast

I hope they don't choke like they did last year! I had people over for the Florida game last year and I wanted to go to bed after the 1st Q.

Even if we do choke we'll just be one of about 15 teams that have already done so this year :D

well...maybe ill get some free lunch off this game. i guessed the score to be 34-17 OSU at yogi's hoagies in westerville....pretty close!

Speaking of free lunch who is getting the free taco on Tuesday?

Ohio State is pretty good ;)

They really did play pretty good tonight. I was a little worried at first that the Penn State referee crew were gonna totally give our game away. They came through in spite of it all though. :) Go Bucks!

They really did play pretty good tonight. I was a little worried at first that the Penn State referee crew were gonna totally give our game away. They came through in spite of it all though. :) Go Bucks!

They gave OSU the game. I TVIO'd the game and found some many huge calls that they didn't make that gave OSU a huge edge. Blatant Holding on a touchdown pass, Pass interference on a 3rd and long, etc. I'm an official, so no need to get all your panties in a bind. I'm studing to do division 3 NCAA games next year.

They gave OSU the game. I TVIO'd the game and found some many huge calls that they didn't make that gave OSU a huge edge. Blatant Holding on a touchdown pass, Pass interference on a 3rd and long, etc. I'm an official, so no need to get all your panties in a bind. I'm studing to do division 3 NCAA games next year.

spoken like a true idiot. if you think the game was GIVEN to OSU, you shouldn't be reffing peewee football. i don't care what you're "studing" to do. maybe you'll get a chance to ref a division 3 game next year where michigan loses.

i will say there were 2 pass interferences that the officials missed--one, the ball was not catchable, and the second should have been called. PSU would have been stopped anyways, as they were on their 30 when they threw the ball. OSU shut it down early in the 4th--they could have scored a TD instead of their last FG, and could have scored at the very end.

Refs are human, and make mistakes. Having a broad camera angle and a higher view makes it look obvious to us. The question is how obvious was it from the field with 22 guys running around them.

I felt both of those passes were uncatchable and that's why they weren't called. Now one thing Verse, you failed to mention was the opening drive for OSU on their 3rd down "incompletion" the refs totally ignored the PSU guy all over the OSU receiver in a situation where the ball was definitely catchable, but this forced OSU to have to go for a field goal. They also took away what was apparent to me to be a solid touchdown from Robiskie there toward the end. I was happy to see OSU just walk it right back into the endzone. Bottom line, verse, I felt the referee calls were totally in favor of PSU last night and was just happy to see OSU rise to the challenge of a challening PSU team, an extremely loud and hostile environment, and home-town ref crew. :)

so, the number one team beat the number 25 team. That makes them good? The first quarter looked like Penn was going to give them a bad day, that shouldn't happen between number 1 and number 25.

just like stanford should never beat USC

like App. State should never beat michigan

like boise state shoudl never beat oklahoma.

this is why i love college football.

i was listening to the announcers from Penn> st. on my home from new york last night, the whole pregame when kinda like this. "these defences are soo equal. our LBs. are awesome, and little animal is really good too. I could totally see a 13-10 ballgame here."

"öh, ya i agree, OSU hasn't played anyone and murelli is about due to have a career defining game here."

I L O L ed in the car.

so, the number one team beat the number 25 team. That makes them good? The first quarter looked like Penn was going to give them a bad day, that shouldn't happen between number 1 and number 25.

GREAT reasoning sir. OSU had the lead after the first quarter, and a ten point lead at half. the game was out of hand after the 3rd quarter, a blowout in the 4th, and they could have scored at the end as well. penn state is EASILY one of the most hostile environments to play in (especially at night), and OSU put together 80 and 90 yard drives like nothing. now OSU still has 3 tough games ahead of them, but if they play like they did saturday night, i don't see anyone beating them.

So you are basically saying a number one ranked team should never let an opposing team score on their opening drive :nono:

BTW.. We answered with a 60 yard pass that shut them up before they even had a chance to enjoy that first touchdown.