Where does one go to find a amstaff?

Alex1647545498

As a family that used to breed them, PLEASE do a lot researcj before buying one. REmember that you have to carry a higher premium on your house, and some citys do not allow them (total crap)

They are amazingly smart and willling to please, dont take that lightly.

As a family that used to breed them, PLEASE do a lot researcj before buying one. REmember that you have to carry a higher premium on your house, and some citys do not allow them (total crap)

They are amazingly smart and willling to please, dont take that lightly.

Very true! The dogs themselves are great, but I have heard horror stories about neighbors calling the law and trying to have dogs put to sleep. Between the laws and the insurance there is a lot you need to know.... Like the fact that in a lot of areas you have to have them leashed at all times and stuff like that. They can also be overprotective if not trained right.

Let me know if you need anymore info. I also have no problem letting you come by to check out my AmStaff. I've raised various breeds of dogs throughout my life quite successfully. There really is a breed care skill level and you CANNOT take any one particular kind of advice for care as the gospel for the care of your dog. (Couldn't really explain that last one correctly in writing. :( ) I know of at least 3 big breeders here in Ohio. Two of them right near each other with one of them dealing in blues. I've actually had plans sometime soon to go check out two of them as I'm tired of trying to find my male a female to breed with one more time before his balls are old and shriveled.

Here's an ad for one on Craigslist http://columbus.craigslist.org/pet/473290293.html I don't know anything about this person or animal, just came across the ad and remembered this thread. The title calls it an AMStaff and in the thread they call it a red nosed pit. I don't know anything about these dogs to know the difference. I'm just trying to help.