Guest Hondagirl

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah..... Fluids....

Go full synth.... as low of viscocity as you can.

Perform a full tune up (including O2 sensors).

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Syn does not make it a better fit. You'll need about 8 months worth of triboligist review to see what actually works best.

What are CR's collective thoughts on Seafoam? I know that a friend of mine has used it, and he loves it.

Another thing to add, the lower the octane the better, contrary to popular belief.

I think Clbsinvaders will tell you ALLLLLL about the magickz of seafoam.

A capful of nail polish remover in gas tank is supposed to increase gas mileage 2-3 miles.. inflating tires, and proper alignment can make a difference. Also, keep the weight down, empty your trunk out of stuff you don't need to tote around all the time. Drafting or simply doing the speed limit makes a noticable difference.

wow I'm high...

I always use 87 octane. Do you guys think there are major differences between gas stations? I mean is BP way better and Speedway as bad as everyone says?

You have it the other way around.. BP is HORRIBLE for your car.

I can't tell you how many cars I've seen come through Saturn's service drive with misfire codes and dirty injectors. I ask them what gas they have been using and 90% of them say BP.

Reason it's not as good is because they use a cheaper ethanol based fuel as opposed to whatever everyone else uses.

I prefer to go to Shell, but if there isn't a Shell anywhere that I know of then I'll go to Speedway. A good tip would be to stay away from gas stations that don't have a high volume of vehicles filling up, otherwise you have a better chance of getting bad gas.

-Perform all recommended maintenance per mileage.

-Fuel system tune-up, it costs about $99 +tax.

-Tune-up.

-Don't speed much on the highway.

-Get a good alignment.

I've never had luck with BP gas. I've seen knock on stock cars on their premium pump. Not sure why, that's just what I've seen.

PS. What is you last name? PM me if you don't want it seen.

Guest Blue97accord
I heard that if you switched to synth then went back to regular you could never go back to synth. is that true? As for the dealership thing, my dad is a slave to ours and refuses to let us (being everyone in my family) take our cars anywhere else. I tried to convince him but that was not gonna happen. I feel like we are getting raped constantly by the dealership...

Thats not rue at all. That was a rumor started by the oil companies. Try switching to a hotter spark plug, like an NGK Iridium plug. They cost more than regular plugs, but they last longer and they'll help with gas milage. Also get a good air filter, like a K&N, or just upgrade to a full intake if you can get the money together. Also MSD ignition control boxes help with MPG, but they're really expensive.

If you need any help I'v done any of the above on my car. I used to work for a part store, so i can pull some strings and get the parts pretty cheap too.

Guest Hondagirl
I have a K&N air filter. That really did help. and i'm not sure but I think my ex put ngk plugs in there for me (behind my dad's back mwahahaha). yeah, the msd stuff is way to expensive for me for now.

I have a K&N air filter. That really did help. and i'm not sure but I think my ex put ngk plugs in there for me (behind my dad's back mwahahaha). yeah, the msd stuff is way to expensive for me for now.

K&N is actually overrated. Spend a few hundred on a nice cold air intake system (to go with the K&N and it will pay for itself in the end).