zombie hunters need this

kawi kid

Ever since I read why not to use a shotgun to fight zombies I always get the feeling people have it all wrong. Assult rifle with a 30 round magazine is the only way to go...and moltovs, but be careful. The only thing worse than a horde of zombies is flaming zombies.

I dont understand why a shotgun isnt a good weapon against zombies? Using a slug of any type it has stopping power and the ability to be ranged. Hell a .22 doesnt have any stopping power but if it is a headshot the ballistics of a bullet will still make it bounce around in the brain bucket

I dont understand why a shotgun isnt a good weapon against zombies? Using a slug of any type it has stopping power and the ability to be ranged. Hell a .22 doesnt have any stopping power but if it is a headshot the ballistics of a bullet will still make it bounce around in the brain bucket

The rounds are heavy and bulky. You cannot carry as many as you can a .22 or .223. It takes longer to load. If you're close enough to the zombies for the shotgun to be effective then you've gotten too close to the zombies. Also because zombies are softer a .22 will go through the skull but will lose enough momentum to bounce around the skull.

PS: If you grab a shotgun you're out in front. You better hope I'm a good shot to cover you ;)

The rounds are heavy and bulky. You cannot carry as many as you can a .22 or .223. It takes longer to load. If you're close enough to the zombies for the shotgun to be effective then you've gotten too close to the zombies. Also because zombies are softer a .22 will go through the skull but will lose enough momentum to bounce around the skull.

PS: If you grab a shotgun you're out in front. You better hope I'm a good shot to cover you ;)

i would be the idiot out in front with the shotgun blowing blood and guts everywhere, but that just me. you go ahead and have fun covering me from a distance.

with the right gear and prep the rounds arent that heavy, easier to carry than a bandolier full of moltov coctails.

Shot guns are peferct medium/ close range. When you run the rifle dry then cover a little with a shotty. Hell a 1oz slug would rip through a head them hit whatever other limb was behind that. Zombies cant grab without arms:)

with the right gear and prep the rounds arent that heavy, easier to carry than a bandolier full of moltov coctails.

Shot guns are peferct medium/ close range. When you run the rifle dry then cover a little with a shotty. Hell a 1oz slug would rip through a head them hit whatever other limb was behind that. Zombies cant grab without arms:)

I don't care about grabbing. I care about biting. Bottom line is if you've gotten close enough to need the shotgun you're doing something wrong. I'm not saying it doesn't have it's place in a situation but I don't see ever using a shotgun as the number one be all zombie weapon some think it is.

If you don't believe me there's a great zombie sim out there called Left 4 Dead. Ask the guys I play with who grab the shotgun. The zombies call in groups when you aim at head level and fire with the M-16.