Suspension Expert Needed for tune up

tomato_racing

Im hoping you guys can recommend a good tech to setup my bike per my height and weight. I also need someone to service the forks and shock.

Any help is appriciated but Im deffinatly looking for someone local to the Cbus/ Westerville area.

Bike is an 04' GSXR 600

Thanks in advance!

Im hoping you guys can recommend a good tech to setup my bike per my height and weight. I also need someone to service the forks and shock.

Any help is appriciated but Im deffinatly looking for someone local to the Cbus/ Westerville area.

Bike is an 04' GSXR 600

Thanks in advance!

For track use or street where you just need the oils changed? Setting up the suspension can easily be done via checking out my quick blurb on setting sag. You'd have to search - I'll try and find it...

Getting the oils changed? You need to pull the forks and shock and take them somewhere. Otherwise, the labor cost is going to KILL you. Nobody local is good enough to do that stuff with any confidence. Maybe just to change the oil, but I almost bet they wouldn't do it right - full disassembly...

I'd go a bit further from Columbus and get it done right:

http://35motorsports.com/

Has been racing Gixers for longer than most Forum members have been alive and knows them better than most.

im sending my stuff to reuben this winter. he's a nice guy and all around very helpful.

his prices are cheaper than most that i researched. and the ones that were cheaper were either too far away that shipping costs would offset his, or they didn't have a good reputation.

I'd go a bit further from Columbus and get it done right:

http://35motorsports.com/

Has been racing Gixers for longer than most Forum members have been alive and knows them better than most.

+1 he did my work when I totaled my bike. Super nice guy, easy to work with and good prices and your work will be done right.

I travel to Columbus and Cincinnati for work every couple of weeks and can pick up and deliver stuff to Reuben for you if you wish as we live a couple of miles apart.

Shipping forks is a pain in the butt sometimes.

Reuben will be on here as a sponsor from what he told me so, maybe he can chime in. I didn't mention him due to the guy wanted to stay local, but if you can get Ear to take them, DO IT!

Reuben is the shit and he will soon be an official and authorized service guy for Traxxion and GP Suspension. Not to mention the Ohlins stuff he already does.

As opposed to some of the other guys, he can tailor a set of forks to what you need and your ability. Not simply buy stuff and slap them in. He's working on a shock and spring testing machine and has access to some really cool things to get you the best fit.

Hey guys thanks so much for the help! Glad to see that this forum is actually tech driven unlike some of the other ones Im part of. I have no problem tearing the forks of myself nor do I have a problem taking them anywhere in Ohio. I guess when I said local I ment within eh ~200 miles or so.

Since it sounds like the forks will deffinatly need done, does that go the same for rear shock setup? I suppose since I only weigh 150 lbs soaking wet the bike probably isnt setup the best for my weight.

I should probably mention that this bike has 22,XXX miles on it and will be primarily street driven next year with hopefully 3-4 track days mixed in.

EDIT: Who is Reuben? Is this the rep from 35 cycle or another shop near cincy?

no reuben is THE MAN (or so i hear)

he's the one that does a lot of the susp work for 35 motorsports.

you'll probably need to talk to him about your rear shock set up (might need to go softer?). i know im just getting my rear shock reserviced and cleaned and fronts installed with new shocks and a revalve as per his advice (and based on what i said i wanted to do with the bike and my budget)

Hey guys thanks so much for the help! Glad to see that this forum is actually tech driven unlike some of the other ones Im part of. I have no problem tearing the forks of myself nor do I have a problem taking them anywhere in Ohio. I guess when I said local I ment within eh ~200 miles or so.

Since it sounds like the forks will deffinatly need done, does that go the same for rear shock setup? I suppose since I only weigh 150 lbs soaking wet the bike probably isnt setup the best for my weight.

I should probably mention that this bike has 22,XXX miles on it and will be primarily street driven next year with hopefully 3-4 track days mixed in.

EDIT: Who is Reuben? Is this the rep from 35 cycle or another shop near cincy?

Reuben is a sponsor to the site now. i think they will get his info up soon.

Anyways, the rear can be done as well. With that many miles and the fact it is stock, it could use at least a refresh. However, understand that he can do mild to wild. It would be worth your time to ship them to him. Either hook up with Earache or you can pick up my suspension case and ship your forks UPS. I have a large case with foam cut out to form around forks and a shock. Cheap to send UPS, too!

Anyways, if you remotely want to do track events, get them both done and talk with him on your options. Springs to 25mm kits and gas charged units. He's got it all and on top of it, he knows what he's doing, too...

Look for his banner in the sponsors section. Or, PM me for now for contact info as I don't want to upset the rules about sponsors...