97 Chevy Monte Carlo 3.1 runs like crap after upper intake was removed & replaced

CJINOHIO03

It will not stay running unless I hold the gas down and then it sputters. I am not sure if it is a vacuum leak or what. I checked all the connections I can think of on the manifold etc. I didnt replace the gasket but it looked fine. If there was a small tear could this do also? Any other connections I might of forgot about? CJ

It will not stay running unless I hold the gas down and then it sputters. I am not sure if it is a vacuum leak or what. I checked all the connections I can think of on the manifold etc. I didnt replace the gasket but it looked fine. If there was a small tear could this do also? Any other connections I might of forgot about? CJ

Did you use sealant on the intake. Some sealants will not work the O2 sensors... if not the gasket is most likely bad .

Ok I am going to change the gasket. Derek I took it apart unexectingly looking for a leak. It is the only car I have now so I couldnt get the gasket unless I walked over there. I thought it would be like a Ford 5.0 you could get away with reusing the gasket. Anyway I got a gasket and will be changing it soon.

• 2 weeks later...
well replaced the gaskets still will hardly run....it runs like shit. I have double checked every vacuum source I can think of. When I had it apart I smacked one of the injectors because it was sticking. Could I knocked more deposits loose and clogged other injectors? I am at my wits end I dont have another car right now to drive. Do injectors go bad or can they be just cleaned? If so who cleans them and how much? CJ

Guest 614Streets
well replaced the gaskets still will hardly run....it runs like shit. I have double checked every vacuum source I can think of. When I had it apart I smacked one of the injectors because it was sticking. Could I knocked more deposits loose and clogged other injectors? I am at my wits end I dont have another car right now to drive. Do injectors go bad or can they be just cleaned? If so who cleans them and how much? CJ

Did you check the lifters? When the 3100-3400 Milkshakes you have to take apart the lifters and clean them out.

Also no codes right?

If you come to a wits end just call me at 614 946 5424 and I will fix it.

Sounds like the maf fuse blew.

It should be listed under the hood as PCM/IGN fuse or something related to that. That fuse controls a lot of stuff. Especially if the car is running like shit and you're throwing maf/tps and map codes.

If the fuses are ok.. it's start looking at the harness and for possible cut wires.

Check and double check the fuses though. I find it hard to beleive that the maf/tps/and map all went out at the same time.

HTH.

correct me if I'm wrong, but in obdII GMs isn't the map sensor used mainly to test the egr system for functionality? I'm not sure though. if this is the case, maybe theres a faulty egr valve or something. however the fact that it is throwing maf and map codes is kinda funny. just my .02

Guest 614Streets
You Maf is sending lower than normal voltage to the ecu so check the wires and the connector , if thats ok clean the sensor with electrical parts cleaner and or replace the maf sensor.