Self defense.....my ASS!!!

Putty

This is BS...Convict his old ass!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/5303222.html

"The Texas Penal Code says a person can use force or deadly force to defend someone else's property if he reasonably believes he has a legal duty to do so or the property owner had requested his protection."

Very interesting penal code.....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is damn lucky they were found with a sack of cash... if the guys were just vagrants passing through and didn't actually take anything he would be in for some trouble.

That being said, I can only hope Ohio will sooner or later wise up and allow such pro-active self defense, we may not have the outrageous theft rates we now enjoy.

They shouldn't have been stealing money.

My thoughts exactly. I have no sympathy for them. If they wouldn't have broke into the neighbor's house they would not have been shoot. They put the wheels in motion for the possibility of their own death when they decided to climb in that house.

in wyo its legal to kill someone that you catch robbing your trap lines. The lines have to be registered but they are supposed to be anyway. If more people got shot stealing things they would think twice about randomly stealing. Its my opinion that having a firearm in your posession should be the norm not the exeption!

i'm sorry, you have a right to protect your own life or that of friends and loved ones in self-defense as in immediate danger or an asshole with a weapon...but you don't have the right to use deadly force just because some jerk wants to steal your or/neighbor's Playstation, money, tv...or whatever. i'd venture to say 90% of these people are petty crooks that will run like the wind when you shout at them.

to let an action like this slide, imho, opens up a whole new can of worms. you'll have people accidentally on private property being shot and killed, or an easy out for murderers...just invite the person to your house, then just claim they came barging in trying to steal stuff so you let'em have it.

i'm sorry, you have a right to protect your own life or that of friends and loved ones in self-defense as in immediate danger or an asshole with a weapon...but you don't have the right to use deadly force just because some jerk wants to steal your or/neighbor's Playstation, money, tv...or whatever. i'd venture to say 90% of these people are petty crooks that will run like the wind when you shout at them.

to let an action like this slide, imho, opens up a whole new can of worms. you'll have people accidentally on private property being shot and killed, or an easy out for murderers...just invite the person to your house, then just claim they came barging in trying to steal stuff so you let'em have it.

Petty crook or not, they come into my house, they get blown the fuck away, I am not going to have time to ask them "if" they are here for my "playstation", or my life! If you want to take the possesions that I worked hard to attain, you do so at your own risk! End of story!

This is BS...Convict his old ass!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/5303222.html

"The Texas Penal Code says a person can use force or deadly force to defend someone else's property if he reasonably believes he has a legal duty to do so or the property owner had requested his protection."

Very interesting penal code.....

I think he should get a metal.