I hate wells (water).

nurkvinny

The wife woke me up Sunday morning to tell me there was no water pressure anywhere in the house. I check every faucet; zilch.

Breaker - good.

Pressure switch - good.

Have full 220 heading out to the well.

Pulled well cap, cleaned and re-stripped every connection I could get to.

Still no go.

So today, I pull the pump... by hand. My neighbor's well is 100'. Mine ended up being 275-300' deep. Within 10' of the pump (the last 10' to be pulled up), the problem is found. Two bare spots in the wire. I now feel for all my friends that have been through this. Ugh.

2 adults. 1 baby. 0 flushing toilets. I did some things I am not proud of. :p

I grew up on a 50 acre farm in an old ass farmhouse. I know all about well water. It SUCKS!!!

Here's a piece of info to think about for future reference. Fill up about 10 gallon jugs of water and set them to the side. If at some point you don't have running water for bathroom duties, you can pour the water in the toilet tank and still flush. I had to do that many times.

You can even use the stored water to brush your teeth, cook, wash hands, etc.

everyone tells me well water is slimey or smells like eggs - never bothered me though

My dad has well water and it smells like sulfur! Sometimes the house will have an odor due to it. I don't like well water, or city, I buy distilled to drink

I've had to deal with well water quite a few times. Most people do not have the proper filtration so the well water smells and/or stains. When I lived in Lake Limestone in Texas, we didn't have the proper filtration. We had to bring in drinking and cooking water. Constantly had to clean everything and all your clothes would slowly stain orange. Cleaning took an incredibly long time due to the lime scale mineralizing on everything. It also tasted and smelled like ass. :(

I live in farm country and have a well. Yes it is nice to have the city deliver you whatever water they are pumping that day. I have a reverse osmosis system for drinking water and a softener. Yes my non-ro water smells a little, yes it is WAY softer than any city water. Very high mineral count in the water, you need minerals, they are good for you.

having your pump quit sucks though.