Convertible Top Installation

TURBOED

I'll be buying a new top for my miata within a week or two. I'm currently weighing my options as far as what to buy, where to buy it, and installation. Right now I'm leaning towards buying one that is already mounted on the frame, so all I have to do is unbolt the old fram, and bolt in the new one. That way I don't have to worry about riviting, etc.

If I would decide to buy a top and have it installed professionally, Does anyone know of any shops in the area that have experience installing tops (especially on a miata), and possibly what they would charge to install one? Or, if anyone has experience with this and wants some extra cash, feel free to speak up...

My dad and I installed a top on my 91 Miata a few months ago. It is definitely not the easiest job ever, but it took us about 8 hours, and we'd never done one before. Honestly if you can find anyone to help you out, even if they've never done it, you can probably figure it out yourself and save the money. They come with directions, and there are some write-ups on the Miata sites about how to do it.

I would recommend getting one with the rain rail already installed though, makes life a lot easier.

$325 just for install? Yikes.

Right now I'm leaning towards buying from Planet Miata, already installed on the brackets, so all it takes is bolting/unbolting, and I won't have to worry about stretching and riviting and such. If not that, I'll probably just try to tackle it myself. Thanks for the input...

$325 just for install? Yikes.

Right now I'm leaning towards buying from Planet Miata, already installed on the brackets, so all it takes is bolting/unbolting, and I won't have to worry about stretching and riviting and such. If not that, I'll probably just try to tackle it myself. Thanks for the input...

thats not bad at all consider...when i was shopping around to have my top put on most places WILL NOT touch your car unless you buy the overly expensive top from them...

this guy dose great work, if you like i can grab more pictures of my car with pics of the top...

• 1 month later...
Guest gen3rcr
Hey, how's the Miata? Yes, it's me, Chad...please send me your e-mail address and I'll send a list of all the stuff I found in my garage... I lost your phone number and e-mail address. Sorry!