Arcades?

Johny Utah

I know just what you're saying. It's almost impossible to find arcades like that anymore. They do still exist out in Southern Cali and there was one called Mary K's Arcade where I lived in Vegas (I know, strange name) which I can easily say was one of the best arcades I've ever frequented. As for here, there just aren't any. Gameworks and D&Bs don't count and MagicMountain really doesn't cut it, either.

I know just what you're saying. It's almost impossible to find arcades like that anymore. They do still exist out in Southern Cali and there was one called Mary K's Arcade where I lived in Vegas (I know, strange name) which I can easily say was one of the best arcades I've ever frequented. As for here, there just aren't any. Gameworks and D&Bs don't count and MagicMountain really doesn't cut it, either.

I'm from southern cali too what part man?

I have to agree with u on there r tons in so cal...might sound lame but family fun centers had some sweet arcades a few years ago

I'm from southern cali too what part man?

I have to agree with u on there r tons in so cal...might sound lame but family fun centers had some sweet arcades a few years ago

Lived mostly in LA and Orange counties. Was born in LA many, many moons ago. I've lived out there off and on throughout my life. I do still miss quite a few things about it and definitely don't miss some other things. It's love and hate.

I managed a very popular arcade in Huntington Beach, CA many years ago and have always wanted to open my own arcade. Being a huge video game afficiando, experience with the market and money side, and the know how to fix, build, install, etc, I always felt I would do well. Even now, I believe an arcade could be lucrative if it were directed a bit more towards the 18 and over (maybe 21 and over at a certain time on weekends or something) and compensated with pool tables and the likes.

Magic Mt. and Gameworks don't stand up to true arcades. I'm from the east coast and nothing is better than hitting the boardwalk and checking out the hundred different arcade places there. Burnt plenty of time and money in the arcades lol. They need some place around here.