Parts washer solvent

RedRocket1647545505

What's a good, cheap, NON DIESEL solvent for a parts washer. We finally got one setup at work, but the boss doesn't want to spend $160 for 5 gallons of solvent at the local AutoZone.

Ideas? I really, really, REALLY don't want to use diesel fuel. That smell just sticks to you and never washes off.

Guest 614Streets
How about Orings? Those are my main concern with harsh chemicals.

Yep! The transmission fluid is a detergent oil and will keep the mineral spirits from being to harsh for any part!

Transfluid? Really? I'll have to try it. What's the ratio?

For every 5 gallons of mineral spirits add 1 qaurt of transmission fluid!

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=NXT&MfrPartNumber=0362005RND&CategoryCode=3227

the safety kleen stuff is hot soapy water it sucks ass

I use this at home....

actually its incredibly strong solvent that eats through everything it touches. trust me, the parts cleaning tank is my domain.

The stuff I was using was so powerful that ate through the cup I was using to fill the tank...and the glove I was using to hold the cup.

It also recycles itself, which is a neat feature, especially since we have one of those eco-friendly oil burning heaters that can burn the solvent tank's waste, in addition to the oil from oil changes.

The stuff I was using was so powerful that ate through the cup I was using to fill the tank...and the glove I was using to hold the cup.

It also recycles itself, which is a neat feature, especially since we have one of those eco-friendly oil burning heaters that can burn the solvent tank's waste, in addition to the oil from oil changes.

Sounds Oring safe. Gotta be easy seals and stuff for my application.