help me out real quick

SRTurbo04

what is your own defenition of education - The furthering of personal or collective knowledge.

what is it? - ^?^ Wikipedia?

What should it be? - It should be enjoyable, usable, helpful, insightful, intriguing, challenging, sometimes difficult, and more widespread than it unfortunatly is.

Off the top of my head...

What is this? A fucking opinion final? I don't get it.

this class i have to do a 7 minuite speech on one of 4 options...

"1. An outstanding educational experience in your own life (e.g., a school-related experience, something on the job, in the military, on a team, in you family).

2. A situation in which you were instrumental in educating another person (e.g., a school-related experience, something on the job, in the military, on a team, in your family).

3. Observations of education in school, at work, in your home or neighborhood. Suggest what would improve the education.

4. Results of a sampling of a specific group of people to discover what is other people's definition of education. What do your results indicate?"

i figured the 4th would be easiest since im a tard at writing and am having trouble with this crap ahhh blah yea so thats why im asking people to answer these questions

i think education can be summed up as knowing enough to where you can think about situations independently. basically just think for yourself.

education is not where someone tells you facts, its where they teach you to exercise your mind.

just a quick thought.

I believe education can be encompassed in the cheesy phrase of "there is a difference between listening and hearing." Education is when one listens with the intent to gain knowledge to better themself, simply know more about something, or they just find something interesting. I believe that to be educated is to hold onto a continuous gain of knowledge. To stop listening or taking in knowledge is to stop being educated. Say for instance we gained knowledge but stopped learning in the third grade, we would not 10 years later be considered educated. One has to have a drive to continuously and voluntarily learn and gain this knowledge.

The difference I see is take a mechanic for instance. Someone showing him how to work his first computer who has been doing it for years may SEE him as uneducated. But, if you were to reverse the tables I bet he could show the computer guy everything about cars. However, if the mechanic stopped learning and educating himself about new cars and new things eventually he will be seen as uneducated by those even wanting to know about cars, and even by the computer guy. This can be seen vice versa between the two as well.

So, in cliffs, to be educated is to continuously strive to gain knowledge and make a voluntary act to gain this knowledge. It cannot be forced into you, because listening is not the same as hearing. It is a voluntary action.

My thoughts.

Sociological Imagination

a buzzword she might like to hear

wikipidea it or something

But basically leads to you acknowledging your part in society...as a part and parcel of a much larger thing (and how you affect it)

kinda....transcending yourself through education