#2 LSU Vs. #1 OSU

Buck531

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With USC healthy again I think ILL is gonna get their jimmies waxed. I've watched them the past 2 weeks on ABC and their defense looks awesome again.

We need to show up big in this game. Getting gayed by another SEC team on the big stage would be the worst possible situation.

WVU is going to have their hands full with the Sooners. They looked pretty good defensively against Mizzou.

This is probably the best possible scenario for OSU to win it all. OSU will match up better against LSU than it would have against, say, the spread offense of West Virginia. Also, OSU will get to hear for the next month how they are too slow to hang with LSU and how OSU doesn't deserve to be there and how great the SEC is and how OSU will get waxed just like it did last year against Florida. They'll have an underdog mentality - sort of like Florida had last year entering the title game. That should provide them with plenty of motivation. When was the last time OSU was considered unworthy of the title game and completely undermatched against a fast, athletic team? Oh, that's right, when OSU beat Miami in the national championship. I'm thinking there are a lot of parallels between that game and this one.

EDIT: Am I the only one that kind of likes the idea that they'll be playing in a hostile environment - kind of like a home game for LSU - at the Superdome? It seems to me that, as of late, OSU plays better when away from the comfortable confines of Ohio Stadium and in a hostile place, as though it helps them focus.

Hawaii didn't deserve it

not with that schedule

We can't let people in just because they're undefeated...or we'll have an ugly rush to have powder-cake schedules

The repercussions of not awarding the teams that play harder schedules...would be dire (bad incentives system)

I guess that's the beauty of someone in OSU's program...coming up with good schedules we can do pretty well with

All I know is Tilley only reappears for sports analysis lately.

Oh, and you're crazy if you think Hawaii should be in the NC game only because they are undefeated. I can beat a bunch of blind third graders 80 games in a row, but I can't play in the NFL.