Where to purchase and get tire studs installed?

MrMeanGreen

I haven't seen a snow covered road here that needed "snow" tires in years. A good All season tire will work, you may only drive with snow on the road 5 times a year, tell her to keep her foot out of it.....

Good grief, even then the traffic is so bad going 5mph that you could run drag radials and be fine. :cool:

Ben, while I agree with you mostly, the difference in driving on the LM25's vs decent all season in 5-10 degree weather is huge. Let alone when there is snow on the ground, its like night and day.

All seasons are NOTHING but a compromise.

The GTP is currently down, so she's with the Firebird which is RWD and a manual during the shitty weather when I have to drive the company car. I'd like to give her every advantage possible, thus the need for studs.

The tires are Blizzaks, so they're quite nice for the snow. But again, every little bit helps.

Looks like you already gave her every advantage possible :D

Just tell her to shift at 2 grand and she'll be fine. I just drove my 2wd chevy 5 speed truck from work back home. Took me 2 hours to do it, but I got to laugh at a sheriff's deputy stuck in the median :lol:

I drove the car to the airport this morning on summer performance radials, but I grew up driving RWD cars in this shit. No biggie for me.

Her, she's scared to death and unfortunately that mindset is also part of the reason I'm worried. She told me this morning "I know I'm gonna wreck, snow tires or not". Without even trying. It kinda pisses me off because people have to feel babied with their damned FWD bullshit, when in all actuality it's easier to control a RWD vehicle and recover from a slide as well.

I'm gonna take her drifting or something. She should just lemme buy that damned 4x4 I wanted earlier in the year.