stang+snow=death

phil

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is "rear defrost"? Lol.

HAHA i forgot about that, some GTs didnt come with rear defrost, better than my vert where NONE of them had defrost, but its sitting nicely in the garage where it has been for quite some time finally done in time for the first snow..wtf

Guest 78novaman

Any car with good tires, weight balance, and a smart driver will do fine in the snow.

Quit being a pussy and man up, I've had my nova dragging bottom on St. Rt. 11 up in the snowbelt and made it through no problem.

Well, I tried it in my Supra. Just was not happening. I got sideways and stuck halfway down the driveway. Had to move snow to get back in the garage and borrow the neighbor's truck. However, I did try. The gf's Cougar with it's front wheel drive and traction control plus the excellent all seasons had no problem at all. :mad:

She challenged me to a race and I had to forfeit. :(

Well, I tried it in my Supra. Just was not happening. I got sideways and stuck halfway down the driveway. Had to move snow to get back in the garage and borrow the neighbor's truck. However, I did try. The gf's Cougar with it's front wheel drive and traction control plus the excellent all seasons had no problem at all. :mad:

She challenged me to a race and I had to forfeit. :(

U need snow tires and weight over the rear axle.

get a FWD beater. my first winter in columbus, i drove the 5.0 with 3.73's, it was a mess. countless times that winter i got stuck and needed pushing help. one time i was parallel parked, and when i went to leave, my car just spun in place and turned 90 degrees--passenger side rear 1/4 panel was inches away from the bumper of the car parked in front of me, and my rear wheels were still up against the curb--craziest shit

with the wife's '99 sentra, i got to work in 20 minutes--normally takes 12-15, but i leave for work before 6 am, and there's NO traffic.

I rock the Mustang all winter long. Trips to school and back. As long as you don't drive like a douche-fuck all should be fine. AWD SUV attempted to pass me one time on an icy bridge and went straight into the wall. I felt bad but found it funny at the same time. Some people should learn how to drive in the snow.

I drove the RX-7 in the snow just fine, I just avoided salt. Getting up my driveway (quite a grade) was a problem. I just shoveled the driveway really quick while letting my baby idle at the bottom. No problem then. It was fun getting Chipotle and coming back (not even a half mile round trip.)

OH! If I can find it I have a picture from when my parents first bought a digital camera. I went to my dad's office with him since it was an early Sunday morning, and snapped a picture of a new 350Z in the bushes near the 71 exit of Sinclair road. The guy was still in it, dumbfounded on how he got there.

I dont know why people with really nice rwd cars are penny pinchers when it comes to spending $500 bucks on a winter beater. Like the dude with the ^ 350Z.. buy a g-damn beater!!!! Hell just drive it ONLY WHEN IT SNOWS! PIECE OF MIND says... hey I should buy this $500 beater and not risk bashing up my nice car, when my insurance deduc is $500 anyway (for most people). I mean seriously.

One things for sure, as long as their is snow, ice, slush or salt on the road my goat will be in the garage.

Guest hotrodmama024
People these days. Growing up, pretty much all beaters were RWD and that's what we had to learn with.

'78 Caprice :grin2:

On that note, I did great this morning in my V6 Firebird w/ summer performance radials. It's all in the driver ;)

Liar!!! You have snow tires on or they would be on my bitch! Liar!! hehe

I made it today with ultra high summer performance tires on! woohoo

Guest hotrodmama024
driving in the snow makes me want to http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/TylerShainline/suicide.gif

ACTUALLY, you are still going to lose that race. You want to put $20 on that?

2wd ford ranger is possibly the worst vehicle evar in the snow. Hell once I was on a small hill in the summer and had to back up. One tire was on dirt and one on pavement. Someone had to push me out. And it will burnout if it is wet on the stop markers when accelerating normally.