My Z06 is ready for a Columbus visit....

ohioko4s4

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie, questions...

I have the Quality Motorsports cam ... QM600 in my car and a progressive 200 shot. I haven't dyno'd on spray yet but am wanting to do so.

1) did you do any head work?

2) What did you use for a stand alone fuel system?

3) did you do any bottom end work?

4) what compression ratio did you end up with ?

5) how is it driving around at 1800rpms?

6) what clutch did you choose?

Sorry for so many but curious since we have similar numbers.

Looks good Jamie, what grade fuel are you running in this tune?

Thanks. We've still got some work to do with the a/f tune, but we'll get there in the spring. We were using straight 103 in the stand alone cell and a mix of 93/103 in the tank. There was zero cf, so we might be ok with straight pump in at least cooler weather.

Jamie, questions...

I have the Quality Motorsports cam ... QM600 in my car and a progressive 200 shot. I haven't dyno'd on spray yet but am wanting to do so.

1) did you do any head work?

2) What did you use for a stand alone fuel system?

3) did you do any bottom end work?

4) what compression ratio did you end up with ?

5) how is it driving around at 1800rpms?

6) what clutch did you choose?

Sorry for so many but curious since we have similar numbers.

No problem, happy to answer all your questions. We did a mild exhaust port and replaced most of the OEM parts. QM fabbed the stand alone. Bottom end is fully built....Callies crank, rods, CP pistons, etc. 11.7 CR. I can cruise in 6th at 80 no problem. I think that's around 1700-1800. No bucking. Perfectly smooth. I'm using a Ram dual.....no issues.

Glad to hear it is running well. I think you will be happy with that RAM. I have heard a lot of good things about that clutch. I had issues with the Exedy the first go around. We will see how this one holds up. I ended up with 11.2:1 CR and 543RWHP/515TQ on motor and have a 200 shot on a progressive controller but no dyno on the spray yet. Pulls like a freight train and runs smooth as well with the QM600. I do get a good deal of bucking from the clutch though on 1st gear street driving.

This summer we will have to play some.

Sounds good Jamie, 116 vp and 300 pills are in the future? What rods did you go with, carrillo? I saw some neat LS7 stuff motor wise at PRI, sounds like you have it all already!

Doubt it. We're planning on testing the Pro-EFI for Jason in the spring, but don't think we'll do much if anything more to it other than get the tune dialed in which should make some more power. We're using Oliver rods and Diamond pistons. I misspoke and mentioned CP somewhere before...forgot this isn't a 2JZ. :)

good numbers. wont keep up!

Maybe a misread your post, but it cracks me up when randoms like you bench race a dyno number. This is a street car, not a race car. If it'll get you excited, I'll race your race car with a race car when they are both finished.

Matt has never given me a problem-so I will leave it at this

street race? have you lost your mind ive never street raced my truck or any of my cars. what would be the point. ive always raced at the track.

Thats all that needs to be said, because you, and everyone here, knows this is 110% a street car, and will be utilized on the streets. Unless you have something to race where we race, dont bother stirring the pot. You will just look like an ass at the end of the day.

Yea, it went to Supra Hell :)

New owner was getting ready to run a sprayed busa supposedly for $5k a couple months back, brake boosted 3rd, lost control, took out the rider and hit a concrete median. Rider broke some bones, driver broke some bones. It obviously could have been much worse. We had a memorial service on SF awhile back!

Can we get a moment of silence for that bad motherfucker? :(

I agree.

To this day-I still dont think any street car could accelerate faster-and hook-period. Ever.

That-and its insane reliability over its lifespan-made it in most minds the baddest roll car since the birth of roll racing. I always knew this was the only way the King's reign your come to an end.

Most accurate quote- " that supra is the spawn of satan"