My Z06 is ready for a Columbus visit....

ohioko4s4

Below is a video I shot of the last dyno run we did Monday night after a night of tuning. We still have some minor A/F adjustments to make on the two stage and we decided to continue tuning on the street once the weather warms up next spring.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/23ea4c62-5266-4e4d-a82b-99fc001ad73d.htm

I've been really impressed with this car so far. Incredibly smooth power. Rides almost like a luxury car on the highway. We've run a total of 8 bottles through it over the past 30 days and knock on wood, it's been completely drama free. Not a single issue. When built right, these LS7's seem to be pretty bulletproof.

Let's have some fun this coming spring :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie, congrats on the numbers/set-up. Isn't displacement fun?

I hadn't seen your Z06 (as I've been out of the loop for a bit) - I dig the black-on-black.

Hoping we can get a few pulls in sometime. The kinks on my end have seemingly worked themselves out, so maybe we can get something going this spring. Black C5 Z06 vs. Black C6 Z06? :cool: Regardless, congrats again.

EDIT: Proofreading owns me.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm really happy with it so far.

alittlelessordinary - 2 stage: 50 shot plate and 150 direct port

Ray - The stand alone keeps the a/r rock solid for the direct port, but we had trouble getting the a/r dialed in on both stages. We may need a bigger regulator. We basically needed some more runs, but ran out of nitrous :)

Linn - 555/513. We could probably get some more out of it with some more timing, but Patrick knows I won't be on motor much, so we didn't spend much time N/A.

Tilley - Thanks. Glad to hear you're back on track! I'd love to get the cars together and give them hell next spring. :)

Sam - Yea, the Z doesn't hook nearly as well at the GT2 did. The stock 19's are worthless. But with the gear lock out and running just the plate kit in 1st and maybe 2nd depending on conditions, I should be ok. The 18" 345 DR's hook much better. Patrick told me he took out a stock GSXR-1000 down in Texas from a 3rd gear roll on just the direct port, but my butt dyno isn't quite sure about that against a good rider. The car is really smooth though, so it's a bit faster than it seems.

I don't have enough experience with nitrous to make a fair comparison, but for a more frequent driver, I'd say nitrous is the way to go. Each are a PITA quite frankly. Although its much less expensive than a well done turbo kit, you do end up paying for it through more overall hassle making sure everything is set before you make a run. And you can't make unlimited runs whenever you feel like it. I need a 30 bottle bottle :)

Did you put some NoDose or Red Bull in the tank? Damn that thing wakes up QUICK! Very nice to say the least.

"The 18" 345 DR's hook much better"

Good LORD! What the heck do those look like from behind? Pic's now!

If you're ever in Tampa next season, hit me up. The Vert wants some! :-)