SPAM on cell phone

87GT

I have had the same number since 2001. The past month I have received 2 text messages with SPAM. WTF this should not happen. I guess this is what I get from putting my cell number out on auto trader and craigslist. Look at this one I got today.

FWD: (Alyce) ED Medications Sale MAN555.com

innumerable inmates inject inhibition inheritance inhabited ingredient

Quit wasting my characters on this shit.

The misses and I both had spam text messages this weekend.

If it continues, I will be complaining to my provider (Verizon).

KillJoy

My wife and I each got one from different asshats over the weekend. also on verizon. I have never gotten one before. It pisses me off because I dont have text set up so its .15 every time

I have the unlimited txt plan and send/rec about 1500 txts a month, none of which are spam. + 1 for sprint. *knocks on wood*

on a related note, who called the "do not call list" #. I was leary of that number, mainly because i heard on a few different occasions "as of xx/xx/xx your cell number will be released to telemarketers unless you call this number".

I have the unlimited txt plan and send/rec about 1500 txts a month, none of which are spam. + 1 for sprint. *knocks on wood*

on a related note, who called the "do not call list" #. I was leary of that number, mainly because i heard on a few different occasions "as of xx/xx/xx your cell number will be released to telemarketers unless you call this number".

I did the do not call list when it came out. I only got SPAM calls when my number was on auto trader. It has been off for a wile and the phone calls stopped.

I also received my first spam txt today....

Subject: BD

Find that discreet relationship your looking 4 visit : (http://wwwchairsplacedinacom)

Tami@curtandnatecom

Im on Nextel BTW, and I do pay for txt. I will be giving them a call here shortly to find out about the situation.

EDITED to not make linkable

Some idiots figured out how to send emails to a hell of a lot of customers. Its been taken care of, and credits are going to be automatically applied.

Its not hard to do really. Every cell number has an email address attached to it. If someone figures out what our NPA-NXX numbers are for Ohio (or any other state) they can set a program to automatically spam everyone. I personally think spam should be an offense that comes with an automatric fine.

Some idiots figured out how to send emails to a hell of a lot of customers. Its been taken care of, and credits are going to be automatically applied.

Its not hard to do really. Every cell number has an email address attached to it. If someone figures out what our NPA-NXX numbers are for Ohio (or any other state) they can set a program to automatically spam everyone. I personally think spam should be an offense that comes with an automatric fine.

Suprised it took this long.

Nah I did check them out those. I always do because you never know. I've even put them in my watch list for a few weeks before. They are usually just penny stocks that someone is trying do to the old "Pump and dump" with. It doesn't take to many people at 3 cents a share to move the price just enough to let some guy run way with a bunch of money.

Evan

For once I'm glad I have Alltel. Never had a spam text on their network, and neither has anyone else I know with Alltel. I have one friend though who gets horoscope texts every night and can't get them to stop. It's not even the right horoscope for his birthday :gay:.