Best Sounding Cars

SPLN SUX

i dunno why, but for some reason the G35/350Z exhaust note sounds really lame to me.

The year they came out, I managed to see a works car testing at Mid Ohio. It had straight pipes and ranks VERY HIGHLY on my list of WORST sounding engines ever produced.

It seriously sounded that bad, OMG teh suck was it nasty. To prove that I'm not biased, I'll add that my current XJR6 is also on the same list.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno why, but for some reason the G35/350Z exhaust note sounds really lame to me.

its mostly because it sounds like a seal being beat to death by a 6yr old with a wiffel ball bat wrapped in electrical tape.

Case and point...

It sounds like it wants to be badass, but it still knows it has its name written on the inside of its underware.

and they sound like 10 pissed off bees high on crack bouncing around in a foldger's can..

really? first time I've ever heard that. Some people don't like the rasp of the e46 but it's really grown on me. They weren't even that loud (I've definately had first hand experience with both of those exhausts)

Guest 78novaman

Gotta get this thread back on track!

1. 426ci HEMI Open headers and no collectors. This is definitely the meanest sounding car engine ever produced.

2. 427 Ford. Cobra side-piped version is the best.

3. Any GM big block from the 60's/70's. Caddy 472/500, Buick 430/455, Chevy 454 it's all good.

4. Ford Flathead V8. Open header or straight pipe. With a supercharger these things really wake up and sound nasty.

5. Jaguar/Ferrari/Limbo V12. There is just something tasty about 12 cylinders. I hate to lump them all in together but I'm out of choices lol!

+1

Its funny I see everyone saying how awesome it is. Its crazy how everytime I hear them it sounds like ass. Tinny and ricerish. Oh well

+2 on that one.. sounds like shit.

I dislike both the 350z and G35, driving one of them you feel like it has a powerband of a fucking truck.. I wouldn't consider it a very smooth feeling engine.

The exhaust note, is music. Some cars play demos, and others symphonies. What are your top 5 favorites?

1&2. The Porsche Carrera GT & the Mercedes Mclaran SLR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fEYCbxIQek&feature=related

]

Sounds better in person. ;)

http://videos.clevelandracing.com/video/68618715-8a0d-440e-b5c7-99e600195397.htm

5.0 + ORHP + Flows > * :nod:

5.0 and 4.6L are both awesome sounding with an O/R H-pipe and flows

and pretty much any cammed GM rat motor is just nasty.

IMO the only engine with less than 8 slugs in the block that can compete is a Turbo Buick 3.8

To the euro bitches out there pimping your audi, vw, bmw shit . . . the only cool sounding euro trash are running on DIESEL! :p Unless you like cars that sound like a go kart, which is cool, it's a free country :D

I can only go by cars I've heard in person. Recordings aren't that great for comparison..

Some top auditory performers:

Ferrari 430 is like music.

My 98 T/A with a Random Technology Catback.

My STI w/ MadDad Whisper Catback. (Can't wait to hear this one with headers and no cats)

Any purpose-built race car. A engine tuned for one purpose is just a sweet thing to hear.

5.0 and 4.6L are both awesome sounding with an O/R H-pipe and flows

and pretty much any cammed GM rat motor is just nasty.

IMO the only engine with less than 8 slugs in the block that can compete is a Turbo Buick 3.8

To the euro bitches out there pimping your audi, vw, bmw shit . . . the only cool sounding euro trash are running on DIESEL! :p Unless you like cars that sound like a go kart, which is cool, it's a free country :D

i totally agree with u ,u are right on.