engine builder?

boostn8

"Ill PM you a number of a place that does very good work. Just an hold man doing all the work. Very very nice old man. Builds a lot of Top end engines and roundy rounders."

i have a feeling that Jelloman is talking about JOHNSONS. I have to agree with him Don is the old man and he does very good work, and has a good rep in the circle track world. He builds great a motor for a reasonable price. He just completed a 302 base motor for me. He is a one man band so turn around takes six to eight weeks but it is worth it.

^^this was after the motor was put in the car. coolant in the car and everything. and found out they left this shit out, after coolant ran everywhere

Did you contact fowler with the issue? They have done quite a few evo motors for us with no problems

butler's pretty crazy expensive

Hillard Auto Sales just east of Dayton on I-70 just started a full-time engine shop (been doing it part-time for years)

They specialize in pontiac engines and they're the fairest, nicest guys I've ever found

(the only engine builders i'd trust to hand stuff to without asking how much it'll cost and having it in writing)

A buick would be more similar to a pontiac than any of the chebby or ford builders in columbus

But I agree - listen to G.G.A and take it to someone that only does buicks. The small differences and bits of knowledge break or make the engine

butler's pretty crazy expensive

Hillard Auto Sales just east of Dayton on I-70 just started a full-time engine shop (been doing it part-time for years)

They specialize in pontiac engines and they're the fairest, nicest guys I've ever found

(the only engine builders i'd trust to hand stuff to without asking how much it'll cost and having it in writing)

A buick would be more similar to a pontiac than any of the chebby or ford builders in columbus

But I agree - listen to G.G.A and take it to someone that only does buicks. The small differences and bits of knowledge break or make the engine

yeah the guy who just had his 400 stroked has almost 8500 in the shortblock and having his heads ported.....but he also has a mustang he has almost 10 grand in a smallblock so he's used to paying out of his ass since he doesnt attempt anything himself

Did you contact fowler with the issue? They have done quite a few evo motors for us with no problems

yeah and they acted like they were going to help me in the beginning. but then just started giving me the run around. and im not one to bitch, and i called them for like a week and a 1/2. and got nothing.

FUCK FOWLER!

yeah the guy who just had his 400 stroked has almost 8500 in the shortblock and having his heads ported.....

geezus

Then again, a good set of aluminum pontiac heads run a minimum of 2000, and can get to 3000 - 4000 range pretty quick

Hillard has a stroker 400 of my own....no heads on it yet, though

well to talk about a few machine shops. fast racing isnt as good as he used to be. since the girls left they have fell off on some of there assy and machine work. hear alot of bad stuff about them at the roundy round track i go to. m+m, my buddie took some stuff down to him and he did good work and for the right price. hear alot of good stuff about him. wasserbeck speed shop is ok as long as your not in a big hurry. but what do i know i am the fng. lol

geezus

Then again, a good set of aluminum pontiac heads run a minimum of 2000, and can get to 3000 - 4000 range pretty quick

Hillard has a stroker 400 of my own....no heads on it yet, though

i beleive his car is running edelbrock aluminum heads like the mustang..both were ported by a local who does damned good work. my buddy flowed alot of heads for him while he was at northwestern

Might try Kauffman Racing. These guys are out in the boondocks, but they figured out how to get a Pontiac to rev, they know a thing or 2 about obscure motors lol. They specialize in Pontiac's I don't know if they will even mess with a Buick but its worth a try.

http://www.krepower.com/Links.htm