Trans Am dyno results

Brandon

Quick little background ; The car has a LS2 block, AFR heads, custom cam, with a NX direct port setup, custom fuel system, ect all built an tuned via hp tuners here at the shop.

The Car made 804 wheel horsepower , on a progressive controller and a pump gas mixture. The car makes around 500 wheel on motor . The motor still has a little room for some more power but at this point we are very satisfied as is our customer. He is taking the car back down south so we hope to see some very good track times shortly! Here is a a quick little video of the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Xx-whYPZE

-Happy holidays from everyone at the shop

IPS MOTORSPORTS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that sounded good. was it spinning? seen some smoke.

The tire setup he has for the street is a little wide and tends to rub the outer fender here an there which he know, but he loves the wheels so we left it it alone so to speak. When we strapped it down it pulled down on the suspension some more, and when it sparyed the squating action rubbed some tire off creating some definate tire smoke; he has a different wheel setup for the track obviously.

Thanks for the praise.

-Brandon

Is this the guy from QS&L? I can't see vids on this computer so I can't look at the car.

He did go out and race quite a bit this summer. IIRC he never really ran anyone on the much smaller shot the car had on it previously but I could be wrong. The fuel-side of the direct-port set-up we just did in the past week so its current set-up is all new.

I think he will be back again next summer and we may have another car to go a bit further with soon :) I am pretty sure there will be another chance to see one of the cars in action come spring. If he ends up doing the "Other" car it should make this one look SLOW.

Jeff

All that Horsepower and that damn traction control............ Crazy how his car which weights 400lbs more then mine(maybe even more) and dyno's close to the same but "bus lengths" on my Z06.... NOT

I'm glad he's taking his car down south. Raced the guy 4 times and beat him the first 3 times, but every time his traction control magically turned itself back on. Then the 4th race I miss a gear and obviously lose(lol still only by 2 cars) he claims he but bus lengths on me. And he flat out REFUSES to race again... What a joke.

All that Horsepower and that damn traction control............ Crazy how his car which weights 400lbs more then mine(maybe even more) and dyno's close to the same but "bus lengths" on my Z06.... NOT

I'm glad he's taking his car down south. Raced the guy 4 times and beat him the first 3 times, but every time his traction control magically turned itself back on. Then the 4th race I miss a gear and obviously lose(lol still only by 2 cars) he claims he but bus lengths on me. And he flat out REFUSES to race again... What a joke.

The traction control problem is a real issue... If he bogged down then thats what caused it.

The traction control problem is a real issue... If he bogged down then thats what caused it.

I've been racing long enough to know when someone is beat and he was beat. I could give two shits less if I lose a race and have never lied about it. Trust me when I say his car motor to motor can't and didn't beat my Z06. :) But hey, if he hangs around till this summer, we can just do another money race on it. He already lost $100 to Sam and Chris racing my car...

Fett

I've been racing long enough to know when someone is beat and he was beat. I could give two shits less if I lose a race and have never lied about it. Trust me when I say his car motor to motor can't and didn't beat my Z06. :) But hey, if he hangs around till this summer, we can just do another money race on it. He already lost $100 to Sam and Chris racing my car...

Just to provide some background info on John's T/A and how it has progressed thru the summer I guess it should be stated John never sprayed it (to my knowledge) as his existing nitrous set-up didnt work when it first came here. The car made mid-400rwhp thru the majority of the race season and then finally jumped up to high 400s/low 500s with a header and cut-out install we did toward the end of the season (Late September to be exact). The nitrous didnt get working and tuned until after that and even then it was "Only" a 150-shot. The direct-port set-up didnt happen until this past month so it has raced nobody as it sits (Making 800+rwhp).

Just wanted to clear up any confusion about what power levels the car made thru the majority of the year and obviously that was about half of what the car is currently making now.

I think (IIRC) Jason did race the car n/a when it was making essentially the same power as his Z06 so on paper it should have been a good race. I wasnt out so I have no comment one way or the other of the variables of the race(s) but just didnt want anyone thinking the car has been out making 800+hp all season :)

Jeff