Salt Anyone?

Mr. Jones

i think i posted about this at the time, but i'll say it again. ohio sucks with snow removal!

i pulled an all-nighter a few weeks ago to do some work. at 7am, i went out to buy cigarettes. there was about 4 inches of snow on the ground, no attempt to clear it had been made. so i waited until about 9, when there was almost 6 inches, and they were JUST starting to send the salt trucks out.

here in PA, if it looks like its going to snow, the trucks are ready to go by 4am!

sounds stupid and very very very expensive........but someone needs to engineer or develop some kind of heated road, Green Bay Packers have a heated field(I know it's a football field)why can't we come up with a road?

Already done. Many streets in Minnisota have these systems. They have copper pipes that run under the streets and they somehow pump heated water through them and it keeps the roads free of snow and ice. Atleast that is what the tour guide told us when I was up there a few years ago.

It is very expensive. A lot more than the cost of workers, trucks, and supplies for here in Ohio. We really don't get enough snow to justify this here.