Glad my STI isn't a horse..

Draco-REX

..or I'd have to shoot it. :(

Took a left from Frantz onto Rings in the snow. I've only been in the area for a few months and I didn't know Rings goes from 2 lanes to 1 immediately at that intersection. THe plows hadn't started yet and snow drifted over and hid the curb. I smacked it hard enough to bust the right front suspension and leave the tire pressed firmly against the back of the wheel well.

So since this won't be warranty work, I'd welcome some reccomendations of a good mechanic. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Bring it down to the shop I will make sure you get a great deal, even though there is no good deal on a bad situation.

Just shoot me and email or a call.

Good luck

Thank you for the offer. I got a very good reccomendation that I'm following up on. If it doesn't pan out, I'll let you know. :)

Yeah, but what's cheaper? Paying for the repair all at one, or paying the higher premium over time? I'm thinking it'll be cheaper to just pay for the repair.

It depends on your insurance but it may be worth it to ask. Most companies have a grace period of a certain length, whereby if you are a customer in good standing for long enough you can have an accident and not face a premium increase. An old boss of mine totalled a Jeep in the snow and didn't pay anything more to get it fixed, thanks to this.

It depends on your insurance but it may be worth it to ask. Most companies have a grace period of a certain length, whereby if you are a customer in good standing for long enough you can have an accident and not face a premium increase. An old boss of mine totalled a Jeep in the snow and didn't pay anything more to get it fixed, thanks to this.

Maybe. But I just moved out here, so I've only been on this insurance for 4 months. I'd rather not have a "history" with them.

What's the point of having insurance if you get in an accident and won't use it?

Let's say it is 3k to fix the car.

Let's say your rate goes up $75/month = $900/year. Most would agree that is a very steep hike, and if your rate were to go up at all, it probably wouldn't go up that much.

After 3 years, that's $2700...still less than what you would pay out of pocket. Most insurance companies (at least any I would ever deal with) only go back 3 years...after that, you are good to go.

Who cares if you have been with them for 4 days/months/years? You are just a number to them, like every other person.

It's looking like it won't be too bad to fix. Bent the A-arm. Everything else, including the rim and tire are looking fine. When the new arm goes on and the car is aligned, I'll know for sure, but it's looking like I lucked out.

I know struts like to bend in those from a few sources, so just double check that to make certain ;)