Crowne Plaza - Arena District

Gergwheel1647545492

I reserved 2 rooms online for new years eve, I paid in full for them at the time of the reservation to get a better deal, everything seems to go fine. So we get there check in and everything is good, really busy but it went smoothly. Stay the night, wake up and there is a bill under each of our doors. One says $189, and the other says $336, I had already paid $294 online so it was an addition $42. We get all packed up and ready to check out and go to the front desk. The girl working there says I don’t know what the deal is with the $42 but we will not charge you that. Ok cool, everything is good we leave.

I get home check my account online and it says $0, I had $350 in there to start the weekend, ok WTF! So I wait till today and call Crowne plaza. I talk to Zach, he says that they have a hold of $189 on my account that will go away in a few days, but I should call my bank and make sure I don’t go in the negative because of this hold. Ok I call my bank once they open and they tell me it isn’t a hold but it is actually a charge…. WTF!

So I call back to Crowne plaza and talk to Zach (daytime Manager). Tell him it is a charge and not just a hold like he told me. He says oh yea I see the mistake now, I will credit that back to your account right now sir. I tell him this is the second billing mistake that I have had for a 1 night stay and I will not be returning. He says well lets talk about this sir, what was the first mistake. I tell him that I booked 2 rooms online at the same time and 1 of the rooms was $40 more than the other, they were both supposed to be $126 and one of them was $169. He says that is a problem with the online reservation department. I say do you work for Crowne plaza? He says yes sir, I am the daytime manager. I say Crowne plaza is Crowne plaza to me as the consumer. He says all right I am sorry to hear that, have a nice day sir. Just blew me off didn’t even offer me anything for all the trouble and hassle I have had to go through just to spend 1 night in their hotel. So they over charge me $42 first, then another $189 for a total of $231.

The year before my friend Rick paid for the rooms and he was over charged $40 for some reason too, but he just paid it and went on his way. This place makes so many “mistakes” I will never stay with them again!

If you are looking for a cheap hotel in the arena district please look elsewhere, and save yourself the hassle and run around.

I always thought it was shady when they put "a hold" on your account for the room and have never really understood why. If your going to charge me for the room, then charge me. If Im paying you in cash why do you need a credit card?

And your absolutly right. If any company ever gives you the excuse that outsourcing their services is what's causing the problems it shouldnt matter to the consumer. In your point of view you paid the Crowne Plaza for those rooms, and thats all that matters.

I always thought it was shady when they put "a hold" on your account for the room and have never really understood why. If your going to charge me for the room, then charge me. If Im paying you in cash why do you need a credit card?

And your absolutly right. If any company ever gives you the excuse that outsourcing their services is what's causing the problems it shouldnt matter to the consumer. In your point of view you paid the Crowne Plaza for those rooms, and thats all that matters.

?

Would you let me stay in your living room for $100 cash for one night (with EVERYTHING that is in there now in there) without knowing if I am really who I say I am and without a credit card or some method to get money from me in the future, say, if anything breaks or is stolen?

It is common sense why they do that.