Media Blasting

Twistedrx7

No matter how you prep and paint it, that front fascia will still look like a largemouth bass...

Kidding.

Are you planning to stick with the Competition Yellow Mica color? If so be prepared for a really expensive paint job. The paint alone will run over a grand. Then add more for the the labor of a multi-coat process.

No matter how you prep and paint it, that front fascia will still look like a largemouth bass...

Kidding.

Are you planning to stick with the Competition Yellow Mica color? If so be prepared for a really expensive paint job. The paint alone will run over a grand. Then add more for the the labor of a multi-coat process.

Good ole tri-coat.

Hey Mike, Come on do you think i would really leave that one there lol.

Yes, I plan on using the CYM color still. I know OEM paint is expense and so is the process, But i figure if im going to do it i might as well do it right the first time.

Im going to probably pick up those sideskirts from you here shortly after i offer you a price ha. That is if you still have them.

Hey Mike, Come on do you think i would really leave that one there lol.

Yes, I plan on using the CYM color still. I know OEM paint is expense and so is the process, But i figure if im going to do it i might as well do it right the first time.

Im going to probably pick up those sideskirts from you here shortly after i offer you a price ha. That is if you still have them.

Still got em!

• 3 weeks later...
I just saw this thread come back up. BTW my cost is 300 for the base and 300 for the pearl.[/QWhat about the other 2 steps you skipped? Basing the car in white before the yellow, and the clear? Important steps, yes. Figure those in the mix for price as well

I just saw this thread come back up. BTW my cost is 300 for the base and 300 for the pearl.[/QWhat about the other 2 steps you skipped? Basing the car in white before the yellow, and the clear? Important steps, yes. Figure those in the mix for price as well

ahh we werent talking about all of the properties of painting the car. just the cost of the paint.

and can you tell me why the hell i would base white before the yellow?

its not part of the tri-coat process...

tri coat=

primer/sealer, yellow "high-solid" underbase, yellow (mica) pearl, clear top coat.

Hey 360iroc can you work me up a price on a full paint job on that color including the door jams and all.

I will take all the parts off that need done.

I have a front bumper and side skirts that will need painted and installed.

thanks.

I will pull it together for you.

ahh we werent talking about all of the properties of painting the car. just the cost of the paint.

and can you tell me why the hell i would base white before the yellow?

its not part of the tri-coat process...

tri coat=

primer/sealer, yellow "high-solid" underbase, yellow (mica) pearl, clear top coat.[/QUO You should do it for the same reason you should cover other cars in the same shop area when using it as a paint booth, to do it right. Oh that's right, there isnt much overspray in a room with little to no ventilation. Better yet, the clearcoat surely wont stick to the car sitting 10ft away uncovered.

The mica has no yellow, the "high solids" is damn near transparent, so if you use white sealer you will be fine. Just like painting a House of Kolor neon color, it just works better with white underbase, so that is why the hell.

I understand all that. Ive been painting cars long enough to know. The mica is tinted. Therefore for this application it would have a tint of yellow. Being is has yellow pearl in it makes it appear yellow. I understand what you are saying about it being almost trasnparent. If it had nothing in it, it would be.

I have also Sprayed House Of Kolor. I know how it works.

No problem

Yeah a high quality clear can run anywhere from 300 to 500 for the kit. I can usually get clear for in between 100 and 300. Paint I can get some pretty good deals on.

yeah the clear for my dads stang was like 400 bucks for a gallon...price for quality stuff i guess.