fox body guys

Sturg1647545502

I know you said un modded but HPfiend has a really nice looking one for sale on this forum. It's tastefully done and you could remove those parts and sell them to go your desired route

Thanks for the free bump bud!

I definitely recommend the fox - mine has been a very reliable and very fun daily driver for 3 years. My dad and I have driven it to bowling green KY, drag raced it, and drove it home 2 times, and been to norwalk and national trails numerous times without a trailer.

After some thought I am really thinking about keeping mine and overhauling the suspension to try some autoxing next spring.

Check out corral.net (tech is great and the annual corral day is worth the trip to KY), buckeyestangs.com, and stangbangerz.com- a lot of guys like superstallions.com and allfordmustangs (allford actually has great archives)

As these cars are driven hard definitely look carefully for cracks where the a-pillar meets the top of the car on either side of the windshield, check the underside of the hatch, bottoms of doors, and floor pans for rust. Without a doubt- research torque boxes (chassis control arm mounts) and learn what one should look like that is not torn, check the rear shock mounts for elongation of the holes and or looseness, see if subframe connnectors have been installed- good sign as the owner knew something about building a foundation before torquing the hell out of it.

It is relatively easy (if you read a lot or know people that have done it) to put a big cammed, carbed 351 in it with a c4/c6 and some juice and fly but that is hardly a car that can be enjoyed by most on a daily basis and not be a hassle to go to the grocery store and back on a sunday afternoon if you feel up to it. The more you modify them the louder they get and the harder to maintain a good idle, low speed behavior, rob and don lasota are geniuses at eecIV and SCT.

It takes a lot of money to make these cars really fast, reliably, and factory driveable- Keep in mind that they start out in the low 15s to high 14s as that was really fast back when they were new. It is much cheaper to buy one that is already done the way you like than to build it yourself. Sure there is more risk involved but if you are capable of doing it yourself you will more than likely be able to tell if it has been done right by asking the right questions, demanding the proper displays (low speed driveability tests, recent quarter mile timeslips/dyno results, checking fluid levels, compression results, and examining the overall quality of work and quality of parts chosen (IE Accufab TB versus professional products - best bet is stock or accufab- been there done that, more examples like that)

Now is a good time of year to buy one as the people become less negotiable and prices go up in the spring as demand increases.

Good luck and let me know if you want me to help you check one out or have any more questions.... AWESOME cars.

I got an extra turbo for you.

Not turboing your car anymore?

And do you need anyhting else for your car megaman ill help you out.

Going back to the thread there is a guy in greenfield ohio who always has mint ass nice 5.0s like 5 or 10 at a time gary browder is his name the number i have for him is 937-981-5358