Opinion needed! Techno music

SinisterSS

Ok so my roommate and I are arguing about this. He seems to think that Techno music is the shit, on the other hand I can't stand it! I hate it! I would rather masterbate with a cheese grater than enjoy listening to that crap, I like real music played on real instruments, so does anyone else have an opinion on this?

i love techno music also have for a long time.....it takes a certain type to listen to it i have found...i know quite a few DJ's who all spin some variety of techno or house....maybe i like it so much cause i used to go to raves hahahah that could be it

Ok so my roommate and I are arguing about this. He seems to think that Techno music is the shit, on the other hand I can't stand it! I hate it! I would rather masterbate with a cheese grater than enjoy listening to that crap, I like real music played on real instruments, so does anyone else have an opinion on this?

What are you talking about, it is real music played on real instrument. If you knew anything about production 80% of the sounds you hear are samples of real procussions or instruments. You my good sir, are one of the people I would consider ignorant of music. Go ahead and listen to Avenged Sevenfold or some other real garbage that should be banished off the face of this earth.

love techno, house, Drum and base. last summer we saw PAUL VA DYKE LIVE IN BRAZIL

insanity hands down best show of my life.

good techno that im listening to now actually: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio1_aod.shtml?radio1/essmix

bbc.co.uk, Radio 1, essential mix its the shit

paul van dyke, paul oakenfold, nu tone, LTJ BUkem ,Ferry Corsten, Fedde le grand, Tiesto, judge jules, carl Cox, chemical bros, goldfrap(kind gay), digitalism

Its really good to have on while driving or working out..Note it didnt say listen to. Its alows me to tune out eveything else and get into my zone. I bike alot, and nothing helps more on a 3hour ride than complete concentration and awareness of how your body is feeling and doing.

who else do you listen too?

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/6079/techcm8.jpg

What are you talking about, it is real music played on real instrument. If you knew anything about production 80% of the sounds you hear are samples of real procussions or instruments. You my good sir, are one of the people I would consider ignorant of music. Go ahead and listen to Avenged Sevenfold or some other real garbage that should be banished off the face of this earth.

I'm not ignorant of music!!! I wasn't going to bash or call anyone names if they liked techno, I just wanted to know what other people thought of it :asshole:

Techno is actually one of the more unique genres of music where it takes more than knowing how to play an instrument to create. You have to be able to beat match, and combine tracks flawlessly. I am eclectic as well and like the occasional techno, especially when I'm like cleaning or pregaming for a night out. I like Diesel . . . Dj DARA, and Tiesto just to name a few.

Tiesto and BT are good for long road trips, but that's more trance than techno.

I was at Sugar last weekend when BT was there and it was excellent!! Only wish he had played longer as he was only on for just over an hour.

I like Techno and and various types of dance music, can't exaclty listen to it all the time but you can't go without it at a party or club.

^^^ have seen both irene and oakenfold when they came to columbus.... irene has some of the best turnouts i have seen yet and had a great set last time she was here

i saw her twice when i used to live in san diego a few yearfs back by far the best show ever...paul oken fold is just as great hands down!