OSU vs Texas

Casper

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it'll be a dandy. I think Texas will try to run up the score in an effort to show the BCS that they should have been selected to the Championship game.

Let hope that the Buckeyes play with a little enthusiam, and not celebrate after the first touchdown to much. (and injure themselves)

Seems like in the big games they draw blood first then nothin for the rest of the game.

Edited by Cdubyah

Yeah, it'll be a dandy. I think Texas will try to run up the score in an effort to show the BCS that they should have been selected to the Championship game.

Let hope that the Buckeyes play with a little enthusiam, and not celebrate after the first touchdown to much. (and injure themselves)

Seems like in the big games they draw blood first then nothin for the rest of the game.

I hope OSU slaughters them, but I really think we're going to get an ass-beating.

I hope OSU slaughters them, but I really think we're going to get an ass-beating.

+1 I think Texas should be in the NC game. I'm rooting for OU to win so it makes our win/loss to Texas look better...plus Florida and Tebow can go to hell.

So, Who wants to goto Arizona???

+1 I love it down there. I went down a couple years ago for the National Championship game and it was a lot of fun...except for the game...I pretty much blocked that out of my memories.

I do not think osu will even make texas offense hiccup. As far as OU being no 1 they had the tougher schedule and it was a toss up. OU losses to texas Texas then losses to texas tech, texas tech then losses to OU. I do not see how OU or Texas is eligble for number 1 based on playing each other you have to look at the other games. And OU's loss to texas was way more respectable then texas loss to Texas tech.

I'm proposing a new automatic BCS bid rule:

You must win your conference AND be ranked in the top 10 to be an automatic bid. This applies to MAC, WAC, MWC, too. If there are co-champions, only the higher ranked team gets an automatic bid. I think this is the fairest way to do it...its not showing favoritism to any of the FCS conferences and years when a conference is down (ex. ACC this year) there is no guarantee they will get an auto bid.

This year auto bids would have gone to:

Oklahoma

Florida

Penn St.

USC

Utah

Boise St.

Leaving four at large bids to be divided between Ohio St., Texas (sorry TT we are keeping the 2 team max rule), Alabama, Cincy and the other teams in the top 14 (like the rule is now).

Also, I'm taking away the "Notre Dame" rule...they don't get special treatment for being independent. They get thrown into the mix with the other at-large teams.

Thoughts?

UC is in a better conference then Boise

Yes...but it doesn't mean they are a better team. I'm just tired of the favoritism towards the "top" conferences. Remember, when the BCS was created the Big East still had Miami in it...

Why should the Big 10, Pac 10 or other BCS conference get an auto bid if the conference is having a down year? Money is the only reason... and is why my scenario will never be taken seriously.

so are you saying the big ten was hot shit this year. You had penn state, osu (how they get credited with a tough schedule Ill never know, msu and i suppose north western. That may be 4 good teams but the weak ones in the confrence were ridiculously weak.

If that happens all confrence would have to have a championship game. Thats how bama got screwed and florida got in. If the big ten had a championship game osu could have taken down penn state.

I disagree. I think conference championships actually increase the chances of having the 'wrong' conference champion. Take a look at the Big 12 this year...it didn't happen but what if Missouri had beaten Oklahoma? Everybody knows Missouri isn't the best team in the Big 12, but there is always that possibility of them playing out their ass for one game and beating the team who was better for 95% of the season.

I think the Pac-10 has the best system because all 10 teams play each other. Sure there is still a possibility of co-champs but who cares? If you don't win every conference game (ala Penn St.) then maybe you don't deserve to be outright champs.. IMO

I wish the Big 10 would add 2 more conference games so we play every team each year and this would take the FBS and other bad teams off the schedule.

so are you saying the big ten was hot shit this year. You had penn state, osu (how they get credited with a tough schedule Ill never know, msu and i suppose north western. That may be 4 good teams but the weak ones in the confrence were ridiculously weak.

No, I don't think the Big 10 was hot shit this year. I would put us at 3rd or 4th best conference overall. Who was hot shit in the SEC besides Florida and Alabama? Georgia and LSU were exposed.

The sec only had a couple good teams this year. We had the best conference in college football till about week 5 or 6. We had 6 teams in the top 25 including vandy for the first time in a long time if not ever. But we all had to play each other. I kinda see the point on the championship game. Alabama lost to no one some of the wins we barely skated by but its a win. Florida lost to mississippi. Really mississippi?

only 2 things come from texas...

DING!.....Officer & a Gentleman....Louis Gosset Jr.

And it was Oklahoma, wasn't it?

"Only 2 things come from Oklahoma boy......Steers & Queers.....And I don't see no horns on 'ya!!" :D

Also, I'm taking away the "Notre Dame" rule...they don't get special treatment for being independent. They get thrown into the mix with the other at-large teams.

Thoughts?

Me likey.....Especially the Notre Dame part. They get all the perks of bein' in a conference, because the others allow them to play their teams, yet keep all the $$$ for themselves. The conferences should all coordinate to boycott ND until they join a conference themselves. Otherwise.....Let 'em play Army, Navy, Air Force & whoever else they can scrounge up to round out their schedule

They're such arrogant pricks, who still think it's the glory days of the first half of the 20th century. Aside from the Lou Holtz era.....They've sucked donkey dick for the last 40+ years. I remember good 'ol Gerry Faust when I first started payin' attention to football :rolleyes::lol: